🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Portfolio image cut
Page options
jchubilla1
Community Member

Portfolio image cut

Hello,

I have been trying uploading some of my portfolios to Upwork, but every time I do it, The image is not the same. it was zoomed in and was cropped. I tried a couple of times already yet nothing has changed. Please help me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Scott,

I understand how this is a bit confusing. I believe you're referring to the display image shown before you click the portfolio item, correct? Please keep in mind that what's important here is not the exact image size, but the Aspect Ratio. In this case, you need a 4:3 Aspect Ratio. 

A 4:3 ratio means that for every 4 units of width, there are 3 units of height, creating a rectangular shape. An image sized at 1024 x 768 pixels or 8 x 6 inches fits a typical 4:3 ratio. To check this you can divide the witdh and height and the result should be 1.333... For example:

1024/768 = 1.333...

400/300 = 1.333...

1000/750 = 1.333...

On the other hand, 690px wide is the maximum size the image can be displayed when opening the portofolio item. So in this case you could have a 690 x 1000 px image which would be cut in the preview but fully displayed, as a vertically oriented rectangle, when going into the portfolio item.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jhomarie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Please note that it's not allowed to add portfolio items with contact information on it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am uploading my images to my portfolio page without them getting cut off.

One support person said the size is 400 x 300 pixels another person said 1000 x 750.

notice the attached said display images will view at 690? 

Neither works. 

I am using photoshop to set the size. 

Hi Scott,

I understand how this is a bit confusing. I believe you're referring to the display image shown before you click the portfolio item, correct? Please keep in mind that what's important here is not the exact image size, but the Aspect Ratio. In this case, you need a 4:3 Aspect Ratio. 

A 4:3 ratio means that for every 4 units of width, there are 3 units of height, creating a rectangular shape. An image sized at 1024 x 768 pixels or 8 x 6 inches fits a typical 4:3 ratio. To check this you can divide the witdh and height and the result should be 1.333... For example:

1024/768 = 1.333...

400/300 = 1.333...

1000/750 = 1.333...

On the other hand, 690px wide is the maximum size the image can be displayed when opening the portofolio item. So in this case you could have a 690 x 1000 px image which would be cut in the preview but fully displayed, as a vertically oriented rectangle, when going into the portfolio item.

Hope this information is helpful and let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ugon55
Community Member

This worked perfectly. It couldn't have been better. Thanks for doing the math for us.

0f90c049
Community Member

My images are 1024/768 and the are still coming in cropped. I its so frustratating be following your spec with bad results.

If 690 is the maximum that can be displayed the why not give a pixel dimension for that? Why would you give a larger pixel dimension than what is actually being displayed?

Yah But this is wide size mention height not mention. Please help me what is height size.

Hi Milan,

You may want to refer to Andrea's reply here for more information on this. If this doesn't help, can you please share more details about the issue you're experiencing so we can better assist you?

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
youngscott
Community Member

I know, this makes no sense. 

I called the support and they said image size should be 400 x 300 pixel or 1000 x 750 

Still does not work.

Does anybody have the right size to create the correct portfolio images so they to not get cut off?

Thanks

6785978c
Community Member

This is non sense requirement. WHy the hell do you'll want to choke the user way before they want to start? Keep it simple guys, resizing game keep it in the backend. Who built this product bdw?

0ea0ca52
Community Member

I am facing the same issue.

Hi Happy,

While the minimum dimensions for thumbnail images are 400px width x 300px height, a width of at least 1000px is recommended. Please check this help article for more information.

Please note that when you upload your image, you will see a preview which is in a cropped, square size. There is also an edit icon there that will prompt you to adjust the cropped square. If you ignore the edit icon and don't edit the crop, you can publish your portfolio and the images will be displayed in the original ratio.

Please try uploading your image again and let us know if you're able to publish the image in the original size, without cropping it.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm having the same issue here, I've tried scaling my pictures to my portfolio on Upwork but didn't have any success, If you can help please let me know

Hi Joel,

Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. To learn more about portfolios, check out this Help Article
If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members