🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Portfolio items unrelated to Upwork contracts
Page options
matrixkavi
Community Member

Portfolio items unrelated to Upwork contracts

I was thinking of adding new items to my Portfolio so that potential clients could see my work done and decide on hiring me. I've never tried adding portfolio items to my profile before and was surprised to see that I could not upload a portfolio item that is not linked with a job done at Upwork. IMHO, it would be nice to enable new freelancers to showcase their talent using portfolios hosted or published outside Upwork so that clients can be sure they are hiring the right person for their job. If winning a bid each time depends more on sample work you add as attachment for the related job proposal you submit, then having a portfolio section in the Upwork profile may not be of much use. I was wondering why that section is not scrapped just like you ended support for Upwork Tests.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kavitha,

Do you receive any errors on your end when you try to add a portfolio that is not linked with a contract on Upwork? Could you please send me a PM (Click on my Name) with screenshots from your end so that I can check this and assist you further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the reply. I just found out that the issue was related to the template I used for portfolio. I could add a portfolio unrelated to Upwork contracts once I opted for the Carousel template instead of the other two. 

Hi Kavitha,

Thank you for the follow up, if you experience any other issues feel free to reach out to me via PM. 

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members