Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio upload problem

jmccpa
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
41 of 53

John K.,

One would think that engineering fixing a week long problem would test it before making a release. Appently not.

I have been on Upworks just 2 months and I am generally delighted with the work I have received.

But really concerned about the quality of the site with technical bugs.

At least it seems to be staying up yesterday and today - so far.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
42 of 53

@Joseph C wrote:

John K.,

One would think that engineering fixing a week long problem would test it before making a release. Appently not.

I have been on Upworks just 2 months and I am generally delighted with the work I have received. 

Joseph, I'm an old-timer here and the frustrating thing is that this is a 'regression', meaning, a feature that once worked properly, then stopped working. Normally, engineering tests features prior to releasing to the public, to prevent regression. But if a regression slips through nonetheless, then the standard practice is to revert to an earlier state of the code that works properly. I can hardly believe a company with $1 billion annual revenue does no testing for regressions, so it's mystifying why this cannot be fixed promptly.

Maciej O Member Since: Jan 31, 2016
43 of 53

I have the same problem as Joseph thumbanil image looks terrible 😞

I was able to upload thumbnail image but I still very often get error "Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image."

I need to try different sizes images. It's working really bad also crop tool is not working correctly.

It would be great if you would update that process.

Thanks,
Maciej

ibrahimamin1977
Ibrahim A Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
44 of 53

maybe you did it per drag and drop

try the normal way

apetrusha
Alexander P Member Since: Apr 15, 2016
45 of 53

I've also receive such error notification.
Some info: in chrome developer tools in Network tab:

1. I see uploaded image in base64 - all correct 
  2. Below I see png image in base64 - Ok
  3. When I press Save after resize I see request  

wss://tl.upwork.com/wp?orgId=424120747577950210&&X-Atmosphere-tracking-id=0&X-Atmosphere-Framework=2.2.6-javascript&X-Atmosphere-Transport=websocket&X-atmo-protocol=true

ERR_DISALLOWED_URL_SCHEME

4. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/api/v1/profile/me/portrait  - return 403 forbidden

Javascript error:

'{"data":"{\"message\":\"Unexpected token <\",\"file\":\"unknown\",\"line\":\"unknown\",\"col\":\"unknown\",\"trace\":\"SyntaxError: Unexpected token <\\n    at Object.parse (native)\\n    at W

I hope this information will useful for solving this problem.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
46 of 53

Hi Alexander,

I was not able to replicate the issue. Do you see the error when you upload the item using drag and drop? Have you tried saving it using a browser other than Chrome?

~ Valeria
Upwork
apetrusha
Alexander P Member Since: Apr 15, 2016
47 of 53

Hi, Valeria.

In Firefox all works fine, thanks!

P.S.
In POST request to https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/api/v1/profile/me/portrait I saw only filename of image, but didn't see base64 body of image  and response cde was 403 
I can make all steps of image upload and send results to your developers, if needed.
My problem is solved, but I ready to help if I can.

Sincerely,
Alexander

lucasjohnson
Lucas J Member Since: May 11, 2016
48 of 53

I'm new to upwork and having trouble.

I'm unable to upload images to my portfolio which has prevented me from publishing my page. I have tried in all suggested formats, resizing the images and using a different browser. No matter, the results are the same. I receive an error message each time. The few times I could get an image to complete, an error would occur for the next image. In additon, the thumbnail image either continuously presents a load wheel or gives an error message.

The community seems great so I would like to stay but if the quality of my images are diluted or unable to display, I'll have to consider other options.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
49 of 53

Hi Lucas,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues uploading your portfolio items. Which error do you see when you try to save them? Were you able to Save and Continue to proceed to the next page of creating your profile (you will be able to add portfolio items later). I tried to replicate the issue you are having and I couldn't.

~ Valeria
Upwork
lucasjohnson
Lucas J Member Since: May 11, 2016
50 of 53

Thank you very much for the quick response!

The error reads "Can't upload image. Sorry, we were unable to save your attachment." and/or the Thumbnail continuously displays a load wheel.

No, I have not tried to save and continue without uploading images.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS