cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio visibility to Visitors/Public

leonart83
Leonardo A Member Since: May 16, 2016
1 of 22

Hi, i would like to ask why my portfolio is no more visible to visitors, (i don't remember, was also like this with elance ?) Because, if it a change from Elance to Upwork, i really dont like.

Really, i dont find it fair. it's my work and i want to show it to whoever i please/want. This include external recruiters.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
2 of 22

Leonardo, I am able to see your profile and portfolio with no problem. 

You should change your photo. Upwork will eventually make you do it. 

leonart83
3 of 22

Hi Melissa, thank you. no problem for me to change my profile picture (also, i'm curios what would be the reason to that but that's ok i guess), but, i mean, visitors, not logged users, will not see the portfolio. That is what i want to know. Why ? Is possbile to change this ? To make visible to everyone so i can share a link to my profile for them to see ?

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
4 of 22

On the right side of your profile page there is a link and an option to "Copy Link". That links directly to your profile. 

leonart83
5 of 22

Which is still with an hidden portfolio for non logged in external users/visitors. i know how to share a link, i know where it is... seems that there is no way for not registred visitor to view my PORTFOLIO. People are forced to register in order to see it. I just want to know if it's possible to change this, because if not i will recreate it somewhere else. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 22

Hi Leonardo,

I understand that you would like to have better visibility for your portfolio. However, viewing portfolio is one of the features available only for registered members of Upwork. When people visit your profile they are informed that there are portfolio pieces they can view once they log in.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

leonart83
7 of 22

Hi Valeria , thank you.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 22

I agree with the original poster that it would be beneficial if non-registered users can view our portfolios, or we could optionally enable such functionality.

This widget could not be displayed.
9 of 22
This widget could not be displayed.

@Preston H wrote:

I agree with the original poster that it would be beneficial if non-registered users can view our portfolios, or we could optionally enable such functionality.

It would also be easier to steal the portfolio from outside. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
10 of 22

re: "It would also be easier to steal the portfolio from outside."

This is a valid concern.

Optimally, the ability to display portfolios to non-registered users would be an optional, opt-in feature.

I personally have very little belief in "privacy settings."

I believe if you put something on the Internet in a place that is public for anybody, it is on the Internet forever and viewable by everybody.

If I have a portfolio piece that I put in my Upwork portfolio, I assume that if somebody wants to do so, they can copy it and put it somewhere else. As there are over 10 million registered Upwork users, the distinction between my portfolio being viewable only to them versus everybody is of little interest to me. But I don't begrudge anybody who feels differently.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS