cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio visibility to Visitors/Public

leonart83
Leonardo A Member Since: May 16, 2016
11 of 22

As an option , would be up for the user, maybe disabled by default. But the steal problem would be present even if one host his works on other hosts or personal websites, so i dont see that as a problem at all. Also, if they really want to steal it, they would sign and do it.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 22

One problem I see with a lot of portfolios on Upwork is that they are not distinctive. They don't convince me that they are the work of that contractor.

Compare this to so many other portfolios I see that genuinely look distinctive. I can tell that the pieces posted by the contractor are uniquely something she created.

When I see a web designer's portfolio pieces and they simply look like screenshots of free template websites that they downloaded, I'm not impressed at all.

I would rather see a portfolio piece that looks like a plain text body of source code that I can examine more closely and see this is something you made yourself, than see some fancy graphics that I don't believe you really had a hand in making.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
13 of 22

I'm in agreement with Preston's first statement. It should be noted that as a writer, everything in my portfolio is on the web and in use by clients.  I can certainly understand an artist's diagreement with this attitude if his/her work is used only to showcase styles and such.

dmitriy8
Dmitriy T Member Since: May 4, 2016
14 of 22

Then what thease options will do?

- public

-Only show my profile to Upwork users logged in

Why -public if it's not working?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 22

Hi Dmitriy,

I'd like to clarify that profiles using this setting are visible publicly but not all elements of the profile can be accessed by non-logged in users, like Portfolio samples and a full work history.

Untitled
a_joudieh
Ahmad J Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
16 of 22

Hi,

at least give us an option to send our full portfolio along wth our portfolio piece

I need to send my protfoliou to HR manager to check my work, what I can do now if he can't see my portfolio piece

please do help me out here

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 22

Hi Ahmad, 

You should be able to attach, and/or link your portfolio pieces to your proposal. If your client is logged-in to his Upwork account, he should be able to go to your profile and review your portfolio. 

~ Avery
Upwork
grupreet-singh
gurpreet S Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
18 of 22

Hi, i would like to ask why my portfolio is no more visible to visitors,  i just upgrade membership plan .Please help me to visible my portfolio to visitors.

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
19 of 22

Hi Grupreet,

I checked and your profile is currently public and can be viewed by other users.

~ Valeria
Upwork
grupreet-singh
gurpreet S Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
20 of 22

First  Thanks a Lot of you Valeria K
and now my question is

1. my profile is showing to vistors its ok i know that. But i want to know about portfolio is my protfolio also showing.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS