🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Portrait size artwork in portfolio
Page options
a70c26cd
Community Member

Portrait size artwork in portfolio

Hello,How can I upload portrait size artwork in my portfolio? It only seems to cater for landscape and it crops portrait size images.Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Andre,

Thumbnail images, URL, and/or project files can be attached for clients to view. Images can be in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height , however 1000px width x 750px height is recommended. Attachments can be in .doc, .swf, or .pdf format. The maximum size is 5 MB for the thumbnail and 25 MB for attachments. You might want to also check out this post for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8ea064a1
Community Member

It's now November 2022 and I'm still having the same problem people have been reporting for years. If you upload a portrait image it gets cropped into landscape. To show the whole portrait image, you have to do it in pieces. Even when I use the crop tool, I can't zoom out far enough for the whole image to fit into the landscape crop window. For a service which is designed to showcase illustrations, among other things, this seems strangely (and infuriatingly) remiss!

79488a97
Community Member

Hello - Have upwork thought about introducing a portrait interface into portfolio presentations? I think it would be useful to have both portrait and landscape options to show portfolios depending on the project. I have dozens of portfolios some landscape some portrait depending on the project.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback! I'll share this with the team for review. Your suggestion is highly appreciated and valued.

~ AJ
Upwork
5562bdf8
Community Member

I know this is old but for those who don't wanna bother putting their 1080x1920 image inside a landscape image and don't care about project cover, here's a "hacky" trick I've found:

- Go to the cropping screen of your image on upwork portfolio

- Open inspector and locate the canvas tag containing your image (ctrl+shift+C then click on your image, it should be near)

5562bdf8_1-1686866298131.png

- Change the style property to this "transform: translate3d(287px, -762.382px, 0px) scale(0.107); transform-origin: 0px 957.382px; opacity: 1;"

- Press save

5562bdf8_0-1686866184736.png

Now the image displays nicely when reviewing the project, only issue is that it doesn't work on project cover

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members