Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portugal

krysteleal
Krystel L Member Since: Mar 1, 2017
41 of 61

Hey Ricardo! Smiley Happy 

Yes, the VAT number is the NIF, but to be valid in Upwork you need to have an activity open as a professional (nas Finanças). If you have professional activity open and your VAT is still not accepted at Upwork, you need to call the Finanças. Ask them to associate your activity with intra-communities sales/work. It's free and this doesn't change anything on your work or activity. It's only a code/option we need to have associated with our activity.

After that, try to confirm if it's everything ok with your VAT/NIF number in the European Official Website: http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/ if you have a "green/ok result", your VAT number is ready to be accepted at Upwork platform Smiley Happy

Hope this info helps you!

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
42 of 61

Hi Ricardo,

Please, make sure that you submit a number that can be verified by the VIES database. Let us know if it verifies there but still doesn't on Upwork.

Thanks.

Untitled
pmrpr
Pedro R Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
43 of 61

Wow, Krystel! Amazing support. UpWork should somehow compensate you for these contributions Smiley Happy

krysteleal
Krystel L Member Since: Mar 1, 2017
44 of 61

Thanks, Pedro! We need to help each other, right? Smiley Very Happy Abraço!

mel-burt
Melanie B Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
45 of 61

Hi Guys!

I am English, but have been living in Portugal for years...LOVE IT! Woman Very Happy

mhuzifa
Huzaifa A Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
46 of 61

Hi Gisela,

I just moved to Lisbon. I haven't found any upWork community here in Portugal. So I created this group to build a community about upWork in Portugal. **Edited for Community Guidelines** I will be happy if you join this gorup and maybe we can arrange upwork meetup sometime. 

Btw, are you going to join "UpWork huddle in Lisbon" ? 

Cheers!

Huzaifa

mhuzifa
Huzaifa A Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
47 of 61

Hello All,

I moved to Portugal few months back. I haven't found any upWork community here in Portugal. So I created this group to build a community about upWork in Portugal. **Edited for Community Guidelines** I would be happy if you join this gorup and maybe we can arrange meetup sometime. 

Btw, are you going to join "UpWork huddle in Lisbon" which will be held in 8th November in Lisbon? 

Cheers!

Huzaifa

nagorop
Community Leader
Nikolaos A Member Since: May 7, 2015
48 of 61

There is already a Portugal group, just below yours!!!

sanlopes
Sandra F Member Since: Feb 23, 2016
49 of 61

Olá Gisela!

Sim Smiley Happy

eduardavpenha
Eduarda P Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
50 of 61

Hello everyone,

I'm from Ponte de Lima and I live in Costa da Caparica.

I started working this month on upwork and am very confused by it of the payments.

I have to pass the invoices to the clients and not to the upwork ok, but can not I just spend on the amount I received? (How do I add upwork fees to expenses? With the simplified scheme I thought expenses were automatically 25%).

I am exempt from VAT because I have no income greater than 10k, but because I am an invoice abroad do I have to declare VAT?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS