cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible glitch with test-taking

Highlighted
Miguel M Member Since: Mar 25, 2018
1 of 12

Hello! There seems to be a glitch with the tests I'm allowed to take. You see, I'm am about to start working as an English to Brazilian Portuguese translator here on Upwork and want to make my profile more attractive to clients. So I took on a test called "U.S. Word Usage Test", completed it, and got my result.

Then I went on to take another test, of which I have never taken here, called "English Spelling Test (U.S. Version)". But when I click the "Start Test" button, it leads me to a page that says "Your test has expired. You cannot retake this test before 5/12/2018 7:55:00 PM". But as I said, I have never taken that test before, as you can see in one of the attached pictures, so it is probably a glitch. I have tried it on several browsers and still can't get it to run. I would like very much to take that test as I am about to start looking for jobs. Besides, if it is happening to one user, it could be happening to others as well. Are there any suggestions I can take to help solving this? Thank you!

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2 of 12

Hi Miguel,

The English Spelling Test is available on your profile. Can you please click on Start button again and let us know if this still persist. Thanks. 2018-03-26 11_26_40-English Spelling Test (U.S. Version) - Upwork.jpg

~ Jo-An

Untitled
3 of 12

Thank you Jo-An. But unfortunately I keep getting the same error. I think I'll just wait until May then.

Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
4 of 12

@Miguel M wrote:

Thank you Jo-An. But unfortunately I keep getting the same error. I think I'll just wait until May then.

It's important to your career. Don't wait until May. Request for customer service to reset it.

A cursory examination of the forums will reveal this silly issue with expired tests to be a longstanding bug, which among many others, is too difficult or too irrelevant for Upwork to put any effort into fixing.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
5 of 12

Hi Miguel, 

I've requested the Customer Support Team to reach out to you and assist you with this Skill Test. 

-Avery
Untitled
6 of 12

Thank you guys for the feedback.

I have been contacted by the Upwork Help Center and the test seemed to have had been unblocked.
I went on to try it and it appeared to be fine. The green "Start Test" button led me to the typical introduction page where one gets the test's briefing information, instead of the "expired" page it was leading me to earlier.

Problem is, instead of taking that test right away, I decided to leave it for last and went on to fool around with other new tests first. This somehow must have glitched the English Spelling Test (U.S. Version) once more, because when I finally went back to its page to take it, the "expired" message showed up again. And the same happened to another test of which I haven't taken aswell, the U.S. English Sentence Structures (For Writing Professionals) test. Those were the last two tests I wanted to take before effectively going out job hunting.

But I'm not worried because, after Avery noticed Support for me, the technical team's response came pretty fast, and I am maintaining active contact with them to inform them of the new incident. So I'm sure the tests will be unblocked once more soon. As soon as it happens I'll classify the thread as solved.

Thank you so much!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 12

Thanks for the update, Miguel. Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon. 

-Avery
Untitled
Katherine S Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
8 of 12

I am having the same problem as Miguel. It is with the Creative Writing non-fiction US test. I have not taken the test and when I click take test I get sent to the same page as Miguel.

Thank you!

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 12

Hi Katherine,

I'll share your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your test. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
10 of 12

Guys, thanks for the support! The issue was solved.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS