cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to PM each other?

Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
1 of 9

I once read that on Upwork you could private message each other. I see the letter icon under my name here, and it has a message from an admin (which I never noticed bfore because of the zero in the thought bubble above it). But I don't get how to pm another provider. I got a friend of mine to join and I wanted to say hi. Possible?

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 9

Jacqueline, as far as I know, this is only possible if your friend posts in the Community, either by starting a topic, or responding to a topic, like this one for example. Then you click her name, then click the Send Private Message link in her community profile.

3 of 9

On the forum, yes (forum member)

Via the main site - No

Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
4 of 9

Petra -- And I believe John is correct, tha person would have to post to the forum first, then you click on the name to send an email, looks like that does work. Unless you know a more direct way?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 9

Hi Jacqueline, 

John, and Petra are correct. In the community, you are able to send another user a private message once they have posted, and you are able to access their community page.

-Avery
Untitled
Marina R Member Since: Apr 29, 2019
6 of 9

Can someone help me, how can I ask for more information, ie how can I send a PM? I do not know how to contact someone to ask for more information about the work to be done, thank you

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 9

Marina R wrote:

Can someone help me, how can I ask for more information, ie how can I send a PM? I do not know how to contact someone to ask for more information about the work to be done, thank you

You can only ask clients questions by applying to their job posts.

Marina R Member Since: Apr 29, 2019
8 of 9
How do I do it?
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 9

Hi Marina,

I would suggest to check out our recourses Here and learn more about getting started on Upwork. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS