robinbd4u

Possible to get Up Work Branded Business Card for Freelancers ?

I do not know is it available or not available here. Many sites gives workers opportunity to get branded business card. As an example Some days ago Fiverr gives their own designed business card to their all sellers. I mean seller  requested to getting business card to fiverr as if sellers have to spent few dollar. Then fiverr gives option to choose card design and content after it fiverr sends those business cards to sellers by mail. 

We are working here and most of time when people ask us for business card or visiting card then we could not give a business card. If Up Work gives us our business card which will be Up Work branded card. Then this will help to grow our reputation at social. 

Up Work could take few dollars to send it by mail. 

Also Up Work could design a branded business card for us and could give its soft copy or jpeg image file or jpeg download option. Then we will download it from Up Work and print it from any local print shop. 

If Up Work dislike to send us business card by mail or if it is problematic to send us by mail then there have an option to giving soft copy or JPEG copy. We will print it by our own responsibility. But it really a Up Work branded card is hardly needed for us. 

Card should contain following things 

Up Work Logo

Up Work Address

Freelancer name, address, email, phone, web address also UpWork profile vanity URL 

Freelancer details or photo 

An Up Work branded design

Finally this business card will represent that we have work at up work and we are professionals also we are worlds creative person 

What we do its need a social clearance or positive view must. If we do not build our good and creative image into social then this will frustrating 

39 REPLIES 39
petra_r

@Mohammad Deluar H wrote:

Finally this business card will represent that we have work at up work and we are professionals also we are worlds creative person 

And there lies the main problem....

You, for example, don't seem to have a single contract on Upwork (yet) so that would not be true, would it?

It would be an exceedingly bad idea for Upwork to have people running around pretending to work for it and representing it.

This is a platform.

eBay doesn't give me eBay branded business cards just because I sold something on it some years ago ....

@Petra R 

I am so much happy to hear from you. I did not get single contract until now but Its not that I will not get any contract in near future. In that case Up Work make an option to get business card for those freelancers who have at least single contract completed. When I will complete any single contract then I will request to get business card. 

Its a platform. Ya i agree with you. But as if its a platform it is a big reference or big market or platform  and we are not working for Up Work but this platform giving us the big opportunity to meet client. Is not it ? 

This platform giving us an environment like office (hourly work diary, communication, file transfer, contracting etc ), I mean this platform make an virtual office in our computer. We could move with this office anywhere. Once up on a day the earths offices have to be on any real place but now we are moving in to new dimension. Office could move with us. So old rules will be vanish one day from earth and we have to accept new rules for our better life. 

Ebay just a product selling market. Ebay does not gives you work diary, Also here at Up Work some client opening company profile. 

It is a big platform or market so it could gives us a business card as gift to us or as very good reference. Giving business card does not mean that we are employe. It will work just as reference. Like if any one ask in which platform or market you are working or where I could contact with you to make a contract with you ? That case this business card will play a good rule to us. 

boshoffirene

I do not work for Upwork. Upwork does not employ me. I am self-employed. Therefore, if I decide to get business cards, it would have only my name on it, and if I had one, my company's name so that I could promote myself.

Upwork is a platform I use to get in touch with clients who pay me, and Upwork takes a percentage of my earnings from these clients as a fee for me using their platform. They do not promote me, nor do I promote them. They also do not offer me any perks, such as a pension fund, etc. 

@Irene B 

Thank you so much. I am just happy here because I am seeing that members here are very helpful so they replying here. I like this helping mind. 

Upwork does not employ me. I am self-employed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ya its right. But think or imagine if there will not a virtual market like Up Work or Other market where will you get contract ? You have to go for meeting every people and have to ask for contract. Then how you would be self employed ? 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Therefore, if I decide to get business cards, it would have only my name on it, and if I had one, my company's name so that I could promote myself.

Very nice. Its have to different design and option which could be selected up on freelancers vote. 

They do not promote me

You are sure ? Giving an option to keeping an attractive profile at Up Work is it not promoting any single ? 

turbocro

Since on your profile there is info that you are among top 20% in Adobe Illustrator I don't see problem that you create you own Upwork business card if you feel that you need it.

I don't work for Upwork, nor do I need Upwork logo on any of my promotional materials. Upwork is just a platform to conduct business with clients and to protect my payment for work done..

@Igor S wrote:

Since on your profile there is info that you are among top 20% in Adobe Illustrator I don't see problem that you create you own Upwork business card if you feel that you need it.

He isn't among the top 20% - he's never even done a contract. He passed a test in the top 20% - huge difference!

There is a huge problem with him creating his own business card using Upwork material (like the logo which is a trademark and copyrighted) or pretending a relationship that does not exist....

@Petra R

huge difference! will be vanish when I will get contract. 

I agree with you and thinking like you that Up Work logo is their trademark. I am thinking of it. 

@Igor S 

Ya I could create my own business card but I am not sure that if I will put Up Work logo on my card then should I taking permission from Up Work ? 

Ya you are a nice man. We do not work for Up Work. Nice man you. 

stencil_media

Why not create your own? You could have a link to your profile on Upwork and any other sites you may be on. Plus, you're not tied down to a design that you might not like.

Every concern that's been raised already aside... I wouldn't want a business card that doesn't have my email address on it. And if an Upwork business card did have my email address on it, then it's possible for anybody you give the card to to completely bypass Upwork and come to an agreement directly. I can't see Upwork wanting to set up and/or subsidise something that gives people the option of not using their service. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

@Scott E wrote:

Why not create your own? You could have a link to your profile on Upwork and any other sites you may be on. Plus, you're not tied down to a design that you might not like.

Every concern that's been raised already aside... I wouldn't want a business card that doesn't have my email address on it. And if an Upwork business card did have my email address on it, then it's possible for anybody you give the card to to completely bypass Upwork and come to an agreement directly. I can't see Upwork wanting to set up and/or subsidise something that gives people the option of not using their service. 

You are looking very nice man. If it goes to bypass then email address should not include in it. 

@Mohammad Deluar H wrote:

@Scott E wrote:

I wouldn't want a business card that doesn't have my email address on it. And if an Upwork business card did have my email address on it, then it's possible for anybody you give the card to to completely bypass Upwork and come to an agreement directly. I can't see Upwork wanting to set up and/or subsidise something that gives people the option of not using their service. 

You are looking very nice man. If it goes to bypass then email address should not include in it. 

Then you're basically going around handing out pieces of paper with only your upwork link on them. Why do you need Upwork to provide that officially...

@Bojana D 

To attach a brand value with me. ha ha ha ha ha ha . 

Hello Mohammad

I would like to talk to you about something else. I saw in your profile that you have in your portofolio a picture that says " my own Greek sculpture" .

First of all it looks like Roman but thats not the issue

I am Greek and i believe that you know about the culture of ancient Greeks. Well if you do know about ancient Greece you will understand and agree with me that this "sculpture" has nothing to do with Greece

I would like to ask you with all the respect since it is rather insulting to either remove it or rename it.

Kind regards

@Kosmas K 

If are from Greece and if my artwork hurt you or if you thinnk that this artwork should renamed then I will say to you I do not want to hurt any one. Give me a alternative name then I will rename it. Thank you. 

Its kind of insulting and it has nothing to do with ancient Greek art. I cant give you a name. I am sure you can find another one just like you found this

@Kosmas K 

Please help me to chose a new name. Why you are not giving me any other name which will not hurt you. 

The ionic capital of the base, specifically the abacus and volutes, definitely look Greek. The clothing does look Romanic in style though, I'll give you that. As for bleeding eyes, I'm not entirely sure which culture favoured such a style of design, if any.  

Hello Scott

I guess you know a few things about Greek sculpture and your observations are totally correct. As for bleeding eyes.... i am sure that they do not exist elsewhere except Mohhamad's imagination. But let me insist on finding it rather insulting

snette

I don't get the point of having an upwork business card.

There must be some deeper meaning here.

Why would anyone want a client to hire them on Upwork?

I'd rather give out a business card with a link to my website / portfolio instead of paying Upwork 10% fee when they weren't involved in the hiring process.

On a sidenote, why is your first name "Mohammed" on Upwork? 

Isn't your real first name "Robin"?

@Sebastian N 

Thank you for your reply. My certificate name and all official name is MOHAMMAD DELUAR HOSSAIN . My nick name is Robin. So Mohammad Deluar Hossain is my real name. Now tell me what should I do ?

Ah okay, was just wondering. I usually reverse image search pictures on profiles when I get bored. lol.

Well, just print your own business cards with a link to you website / portfolio and hand that one to clients outside of upwork.

You don't need upwork to get hired, you only need upwork to get hired for jobs posted on upwork.

@Sebastian N 

Actually I do not need so much to giving business card to client outside at Up Work. But I need socially to introduce myself that i am a freelancer. So that in social people could well understand about me and freelance profession. Happy to hear from you again. 

So you're just going to pass the card to them in silence, and wait until they're read it before saying anything? I'd say "Word. My names Scott and I'm a freelancer. How can I enhance your life today?"

Or something like that. You don't need a peice of card for people to understand who you are and what you do. The only thing people usually need a card for, is so people have your contact details available should they have a need to get in touch at some point. You can whip some of those up yourself.  

This is by far one of the strangest threads ever.  Have I entered some alternate universe?

From business cards to greek sculptures. The Internet is great.

Well i was off topic and i was clear about it. I just wanted to mention it to him

turbocro

How could people live without internet before, so much fun in a single box..

re: "How could people live without internet before..."

Although young people today may be completely aware of these findings... archaeologists and anthropologists HAVE DISCOVERED compelling evidence that suggests people did indeed live without the Internet.

Have you seen this "compelling evidence" for yourself?  

I thought not.  

@Preston H wrote:

re: "How could people live without internet before..."

Although young people today may be completely aware of these findings... archaeologists and anthropologists HAVE DISCOVERED compelling evidence that suggests people did indeed live without the Internet.

Yeah but they also had the black plague and burned schizophrenics like Joan of Arc at the stake. Pass.

chhoan

@Showkat J wrote:

No,  

Yes, need  Up Work Branded Business Card for Freelancers. How can I get ,

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Showkat,

Unfortunately no, we don't have the business cards you're after.

Untitled

Why on earth would I want an Upwork branded business card? I do not work for Upwork. I work for myself. I would much rather get an Irene B. branded business card.

Can I make for me Up Work Branded Business Card ?

@Showkat J wrote:

Can I make for me Up Work Branded Business Card ?

No. 

Can I use Up work logo on my Business Card ?

Hi Showkat,

Upwork doesn't offer branded business cards for freelancers. However, if you print your own business card, you can add a link to your Upwork profile to the card. You can't use Upwork logo though.

~ Valeria
Upwork