🐈 Community
kiel_maru

Possible to get earnings after a day via local transfer fund?

I'm from the Philippines and I usually get my earnings 3 business days after I request for payment. This is via local bank transfer to BPI.

I requested payment Wednesday Nov. 14.  The next day, I checked my bank so as to know my previous balance so i would know if I get the upwork money. My mistake that I didnt check my balance BEFORE I requested for payment. 

So the upwork money is to be expected to deliver today Monday. When I checked, its still the same balance as before. So I checked the transactions, I see that theres a transaction on Nov 15 where the exact upwork money I requested was there! 

So did I receive the money that day I checked my balance? I'm so confused because they usually take 3 days. And I feel like theres an error on my transaction statement.

8 REPLIES 8
joanbonjoc

Hi Kiel,

It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-an.

On my transaction statement, the amount I requested from Upwork was shown for the date of Nov. 15. But I only requested it Nov 14. So was it in my account already after one day? I couldnt cross check since I dont remember my last balance.

@Kiel V wrote:

Hi Jo-an.

On my transaction statement, the amount I requested from Upwork was shown for the date of Nov. 15. But I only requested it Nov 14. So was it in my account already after one day? I couldnt cross check since I dont remember my last balance.

You're the first person to complain about funds arriving earler than expected.

When you requested it could differ because Upwork shows the date it was processed. If your funds arrived, what is the issue?

This isnt a complaint. I'm just confused. I'm not even sure if my funds arrived or not. 

Since I have the same balance since Thursday. Which is one day after I requested for payment. But I didnt check my transactions that day so Im not sure if the upwork funds were received already. 

Can't you just check the in/out transactions for a specific time frame?

I mean it doesn't matter if you know what you had before, since after viewing the transactions that happened on your account, you can simply just watch the descriptions for each of them and if it was from upwork you probably have something like that described.

I can see the ins and outs. 

The transaction description was "remittance".  Im sure its upwork since its the exact same amount I requested. 

BUT the twist here is the transaction date was November15. Which is just the day after i requested for payment. When I checked my balance that day, its just the same balance with today. So meaning i got the payment just after one day.

But Im suspiscious how it was that fast. Im thinking its my bank's glitch too?

@Kiel V wrote:

I can see the ins and outs. 

The transaction description was "remittance".  Im sure its upwork since its the exact same amount I requested. 

Im thinking its my bank's glitch too?

How was it "a glitch" - what in the world is the problem? Just don't get used to it.

I dont trust my bank.

Plus, im sure its impossible for upwork to deliver the earnings in just one day. And i double checked everywhere, its always 3 days.