cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to withdraw my Upwork earnings in USD if I have dollar account in a Philippines bank?

Highlighted
Mary Mae M Member Since: Dec 18, 2017
1 of 8

Is it possible to withdraw my Upwork earnings in USD if I open a dollar account in a Philippines bank? Does the $30 charge apply or will it be considered a direct to local bank transfer with no additional charges except for the Upwork withdrawal fee? Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Leader
Kristo H Member Since: May 6, 2017
2 of 8

I don't know about Philippines, but at least for me when I withdraw the fee is only 0.9US. It used to be $30 some years ago, but luckily they have changed the provider or something. Earlier I used Payoneer. That is cheaper than $30 was, but still a bit expensive – but they deposit in USD, which is good for the cash.

I sincerely hope that the withdrawal methods develop, since many peole, including me, are loosing huge amounts because we need to withdraw using wire, debit card or just the heavy local ATM charges for foreign currency withdrawals. I think the lower charges for local bank deposit is a good way to go, but seriously, you need to get rid of that $30 fee. That is what some old banks charge – it does not make sense for small transfers like these most people have here.

Have a good day.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 8

Hi Mary Mae,

If you want to receive your earnings in US dollars to your bank account, you'll need to use Wire Transfer. If you use Direct to Local Bank transfer, the money will arrive to your account in your local currency.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
4 of 8

Is there any other way to receive it in dollar? How about withdrawing it from Upwork to Paypal? Will it be received as USD in my Paypal account?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Hiu Chun L Member Since: Jul 27, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 8

@Mary Mae M wrote:

Is there any other way to receive it in dollar? How about withdrawing it from Upwork to Paypal? Will it be received as USD in my Paypal account?

Yes, you can receive USD in your Paypal account, at least it is the case for me. However, if you would like to transfer money from your Paypal account to your bank account, the funds would also be converted to your local currency.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
6 of 8

So the remaining issue now is if I have a dollar account in a local bank, will Paypal send it as USD... Thanks everyone!

Highlighted
Kimberly D Member Since: Sep 26, 2019
7 of 8

Hi, I would like to ask if you have tried transferring your earnings from Upwork to your USD Account in the Philippines (Wire Transfer). If so, how much did it cost you? Thank you!

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
8 of 8

Hi Kimberly,

Feel free to check out this help article for more information on the Wire transfers and this one for the timing and fees. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS