🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Posted Job, No Hire?
Page options
robin_hyman
Community Member

Posted Job, No Hire?

Hey everyone,

This afternoon I saw a job posted by a previous client for a project I was perfect for (why they didn't reach out to me directly is another thing since they gave me 5 stars and seemingly good private feedback).  Instead of wasting connects, I reached out directly.  I got the job.  Since I didn't apply directly to the post, does this mean it won't show that someone was hired (hired: 1)?  

Trying to figure out why so many jobs still up and showing no hires....

Thanks!
Robin

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

Yes, if they sent you a separate job invite, then the post won't show anyone hired. 

There's no point obsessing over why jobs don't have hires. Easier to just assume the client didn't like anyone and moved on. There could be tons of reasons, really, but it doesn't really matter does it. The only thing that matters is that you weren't hired. Everything else is just noise.

Thanks for the advice but I will always obsess over jobs when I have to pay to apply!

Also feel a little guilty for the people who applied to the job.  It should have never been posted.  

Robin H wrote:

Thanks for the advice but I will always obsess over jobs when I have to pay to apply!

Also feel a little guilty for the people who applied to the job.  It should have never been posted.  

It should never have been posted seems a bit presumptuous. Perhaps the client wanted to see what his/her other options were--that's the best reason I can think of for having posted the job even though it would have been quicker and easier to reach out to you directly.

As far as obsessing, you're obviously free to do it, but that's time you're spending trying to solve an impossible mystery that it wouldn't do you any good to solve, anyway, instead of making money. Seems like a questionable business decision.

tlbp
Community Member

Robin H wrote:

It's okay to feel a little bad for sniping a job, just as long as it doesn't stop you from looking out for you. 🙂

Tonya P wrote:

Robin H wrote:

It's okay to feel a little bad for sniping a job, just as long as it doesn't stop you from looking out for you. 🙂

Such a kindhearted fellow, she. Kind to a fault.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths