🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Posting agents
Page options
93f0390c
Community Member

Posting agents

There seem to be several posting agents on Upwork. They have no details about the position and often are unresponsive after putting in someone else's contact information, usually not from a any sort of business related account.

Is there any way to filter out posts put in by "posting agents" and have only clients visible? It's very disheartening to see a project that looks good then see a "contact another person on telegram" as the response.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As said before this is not Posting agents, this is scammers.

Also you can not contact his via Telegram before contract started, this is ToS violation. Read forum and rules carefully.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I don't know what you mean by posting agent. Every job is posted by a client, which can be a large company or a single individual. 

If you are talking about people trying to get you on telegram, these are scammers. Their jobs usually look "to good to be true", because they are. 

pudingstudio
Community Member

Felicia L wrote:

There seem to be several posting agents on Upwork. They have no details about the position and often are unresponsive after putting in someone else's contact information, usually not from a any sort of business related account.

Is there any way to filter out posts put in by "posting agents" and have only clients visible? It's very disheartening to see a project that looks good then see a "contact another person on telegram" as the response.

As Martina wrote, you are referring to job posts which are fraudulent. Those we flag and move on.

On the other hand, there are fantastic clients who are "posting agents" (people who manage projects for a company/3rd party). I'd never opt to filter them out, I enjoy working with them.

These are the fraudulent kind, not the project manager variety. The project managers I've dealt with are more obviously legtimate. But there are several, repeat posting where the client who listed the project immediately redirects to an outside platform, usually telegram, and cannot answer any questions about the project advertised. It's very frustrating to see so many that I could really put my skills to use in and get good reviews and notice, then have the vast majority of them be a waste of time and effort.

I have been flagging them as well. I hope that's actually useful for others looking for projects to work on. 

As said before this is not Posting agents, this is scammers.

Also you can not contact his via Telegram before contract started, this is ToS violation. Read forum and rules carefully.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members