🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Posting projects in your portfolio and plagia...
Page options
30dcb51a
Community Member

Posting projects in your portfolio and plagiarism

Hello everyone!

I am an academic, and most of the projects I’ve taken here revolve around other people’s research projects at their universities. Since plagiarism is completely out of the question in academia, how can I ask my clients for their permission to put my work/their project on my portfolio here? Do we put these works as screenshots, without OCR, so a plagiarism check by their institute doeen’t recognize it? I am quite confused about this, so I haven’t asked my clients for it.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Tuba

1 REPLY 1
researchediting
Community Member

Tuba E wrote:

I am an academic, and most of the projects I’ve taken here revolve around other people’s research projects at their universities. Since plagiarism is completely out of the question in academia, how can I ask my clients for their permission to put my work/their project on my portfolio here?
Ask them for permission. You will of course have not committed plagiarism while you're revolving around other people's research projects. Had you done that, your portfolio would be the least of your concerns.

Do we put these works as screenshots, without OCR, so a plagiarism check by their institute doeen’t recognize it? I am quite confused about this, so I haven’t asked my clients for it.
None of what you propose has anything to do with avoiding plagiarism. It sounds an awful like like avoiding detection of having committed plagiarism. Perhaps you could state your question more clearly, lest others draw this inference.

As "an academic," I would have thought, you would know all this.

• If you're working with professionals, you get authorship or get paid for editorial services. There are conventions for publicizing your work, subject to approval as needed by coauthors or publishers.
  • If you're working with—dare I hazard for?—students, you're running your own risks, and probably the less said about such work the better for you.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members