cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Potential Fraud... **

Highlighted
Iesha M Member Since: Jan 18, 2014
1 of 3
This person contacted me about an available data entry position. I accepted the interview invitation. As we proceeded they offered to pay almost $10 more than my asking Odesk rate. I have a screenshot of the notification just in case they remove it. At the end of the interview I was asked to send money via western union or moneygram for software that would be installed on my "company provided laptop". Their payment method has been verified by odesk but they only just joined 2 days ago. They asked me to interview via yahoo instant messenger, the handle is: **. Please be careful with this company, their website is below. ** *"Removed by admin"
Highlighted
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 3
Hi Iesha, This is a known scam, please report to Customer Support with details and chat transcript so that appropriate action can be taken. Kindly flag the job post as well. Thanks!
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Junyun B Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
3 of 3

I got the same interview invitation. I'm not sure if they are the same person but sounded very likely..

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS