Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Malware / Sketchy Job Invitation

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
1 of 4

Just received a very suspicious "Job Invitation." Contained a file to be opened. File looked very dubious--I'm thinking Malware.

The "client" is already "interviewing" at least 13 other freelancers (probably more by now)--except that she won't respond on "Messages," despite being on-line.

In addition, the invitation was for one of my least obvious/least-often-used/least-advertised skills, and she is offering a ridiculously high rate of pay for that skill (is offering, in theory, to pay the top rate I charge for editing).

Edited: Help Center link now working. Hope they get to this fast! Just read about another recent job invitation that ccontained malware!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Janean, 

Thanks for sharing this to the community! I can see that your open ticket was escalated so that the team can further review the job post, and the file attachment in question. Please expect an update from the team via the open ticket. Hopefully, we hear from them soon.

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 4

Originally posted this only because Help Center wasn't working and the client was racking up interviews FAST.

Thanks, Avery.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Janean, 

I would like to share that the team confirmed that the attachment is a malware and they have taken action against the job post and the client's account. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS