cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential scam

Highlighted
Alphonso K Member Since: Aug 12, 2017
1 of 4

Has anyone heard of a Freelancer by the name of *** Edited for Community Guidelins *** ? I should've caught it earlier but I didn't realize that the contractor may have been suspicious until they provided me with a fraudulent email address. At this point I can only cut me losses and report the page, serves me right for thinking that all the Freelancers on Upwork were verified and legitimate.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

re: "Has anyone heard of a Freelancer by the name of"

Alphonso:

You are not allowed to refer to freelancers by name like that here in the Forum.

Names of freelancers don't really matter. We don't have a list of fraudulent freelancers. Scammers just use fake names, so a list wouldn't matter.

It is their behavior and record on Upwork that matters.

The important thing is that a freelancer behaves professionally, provides value to the client, obeys the rules of Upwork, and provides truthful information about himself to Upwork and his clients.

You can REPORT a freelancer by name to Upwork Customer Service. But you can't reference them by name in Forum posts.

I am glad that you did not lose any more time with this freelancer.

Alphonso K Member Since: Aug 12, 2017
3 of 4

My apologies it won't happen again.

Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
4 of 4

Hello Alphonso,

Thank you for addressing your concern here. Our team will investigate and will take the necessary action regarding this issue.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
User Accepted Solutions Count
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS