🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Preferred Qualification as Rising Talent
Page options
raoaamirmuhammad
Community Member

Preferred Qualification as Rising Talent

I am seeing most of the jobs required Rising Talent, so even a Top Rated developer got rejected as he doesn't have the Rising Talent so he doesn't meet the preferred qualification. Is the Rising Talent badge really necessary for a Top-Rated developer and how should I handle this situation?

7 REPLIES 7
aliharvey
Community Member

From what I understood, Rising Talent mainly means they are new to upwork. I think a lot of clients like to hire newbies because they are more likely to get a cheaper rate. 

This can be a reason that they need a cheaper rate but one thing clicks into my mind, does the client really knows about the difference between these badges, even I think Top Rated is better than the Rising Talent but not confirmed.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

Please note that the Rising Talent badge is a default setting that clients can remove as a preference on their postings, this is a preference, not a requirement. Freelancers who don’t meet this preference can still bid and get hired on these jobs, just make sure your proposal is well written and that you’re absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you’re applying for.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I came to know by a community discussion that the client can report the profile on submitting a proposal on a job without matching the qualification.

Hi Muhammad,

Please know that you have the option to submit a proposal to jobs where clients have added preferred qualifications. It is still up to them to decide whom they will hire for the job. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Please know that you have the option to submit a proposal to jobs where clients have added preferred qualifications. It is still up to them to decide whom they will hire for the job. 

He knows that. It has nothing to do with the completely nonsensical "not meeting preferences" bug (?) that currently appears when (some?) top rated freelancers apply for a contract that has a rising talent preference.

petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Please note that the Rising Talent badge is a default setting that clients can remove as a preference on their postings, this is a preference, not a requirement.

It isn't a default setting and why would it be? If it was, that would be literally insane. The default is "Any Job Success Score" and  "include Rising Talent" becomes an option ONLY when the client selects "90% or better".

The whole thing with top rated freelancers getting the "you don't meet the preference" warning appears to be a bug.

not default.png

Muhammad A wrote:

I came to know by a community discussion that the client can report the profile on submitting a proposal on a job without matching the qualification.

That's nonsense!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths