🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Preferred Qualifications not reflecting accur...
Page options
breignier
Community Member

Preferred Qualifications not reflecting accurate info

There is a job I want to submit a proposal for but one of the requirements is having worked for more than 1 hour, though I have worked on 3 jobs it says I haven't worked for more than an hour. How can this be?

It also says I don't have a 90% success rate though I got 5 starts for all the jobs.

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.23.44 AM.pngPlease help, this doesn't seem accurate and it is affecting my ability to get jobs.

3 REPLIES 3
sergio-soria
Community Member

In both cases the information is accurate.

You have been doing fixed-price jobs, that's why you have zero "Upwork hours." That qualification has in count only hours you make using hourly contracts.

You don't have a Job Success Score yet. To get the JSS you need more jobs done with different clients, you only have 3. I think you need 4 or 5, but I am not sure now.

You can send the proposal regardless, and if you want you can explain this to the client.

ambroz
Community Member

Hi,

Do not worry, you can still apply for this job. And still you have chance to be successful.
When clients post a job they set some requirements, but it doesnt mean this is the only criteria to be hired.
It is a "little weird", but for Upwork hours only count logged hours in hourly contract jobs.
Probably a client before he/she will hire you will also see your 5-star feedbacks. But for Job success score you need at least 4 feedbacks from at least 3 clients. Maybe you will get JSS after finish your next job.
Do not worry, and go ahead 🙂

petra_r
Community Member

Brice and Nadene R wrote:

There is a job I want to submit a proposal for but one of the requirements is having worked for more than 1 hour, though I have worked on 3 jobs it says I haven't worked for more than an hour.

Because you have not done any hourly jobs. Only hours worked on hourly jobs count as Upwork hours. Apply anyway.

Brice and Nadene R wrote:

It also says I don't have a 90% success rate though I got 5 starts for all the jobs.

You don't have a Job Success Score at all yet. You'll need 4-6 (usually) completed contracts within the past 2 years from at least 3 different clients before it is calculated.

Apply anyway.

You also must not have more than one person on your account, you'll want to change that to just your real, legal name as it appears on your passport.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members