🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Premium Freelancer Program / Vetted Exper...
Page options
jonrdunnington
Community Member

Premium Freelancer Program / Vetted Expert

Hi all,

I noticed a few months back on my Client account that there were Freelancers with 'Vetted Expert' on their profile. This was a feature I was unaware of as a Freelancer but had recently lost my Top Rated status so figured it might be related.

Today I got my Top Rated status back and one of the perks now includes 'Eligibility to apply to our Premium Freelancer Program (only for select skills)' so...

1. Is this program the same as the 'Vetted Expert' program?

2. Is this still a thing as the link is dead? If so and anyone has a link I can use to apply that would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

7 REPLIES 7
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jon,

These are two different programs but work closely with each other. The Premium Program isn't currently accepting applications at this time. We will follow up with the team to have the email and link updated.

~ Valeria
Upwork

How does one actually recieve an invite for this? As it stands, the process seems rather arbitrary. I am a 30+ veteran in my field (voice acting), having done high-level work for national NPO's and have multiple audiobooks available on the largest audiobook website in the world, and I've recieved no such invite. Today was the first time I've heard of this new cert from Upwork.

florydev
Community Member

Andrew M wrote:

How does one actually recieve an invite for this? As it stands, the process seems rather arbitrary. I am a 30+ veteran in my field (voice acting), having done high-level work for national NPO's and have multiple audiobooks available on the largest audiobook website in the world, and I've recieved no such invite. Today was the first time I've heard of this new cert from Upwork.

I am not sure what you think which ones are arbitrary, the only one I know of that kind of is, is Rising Talent, the rest have very specific requirements, and to start you probably have to be Top Rated which requires at least a JSS of 90% over 13/16 weeks.

as-voa
Community Member

By "arbitrary" I mean that the criteria seem invisible to the user.

Andrew,

The Expert-Vetted program is currently by invitation only in select skill categories. We hope to expand soon!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

The Expert-Vetted program is currently by invitation only in selected skill categories. 

What is the point of it, when (actual) CLIENTS can't even see it?

Hi Petra,

I've replied on that thread. You can also refer to the announcement here for more information about that:

Iliana M. wrote:
An Expert-Vetted badge on your profile to help you more easily stand out and find quality work with top clients on Upwork’s Enterprise and Business plans. All other clients will see your Rising Talent, Top Rated, or Top Rated Plus badge if you have one.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members