cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium membership

Stefan M Member Since: Jan 10, 2019
1 of 6

Hello, i am getting serious on upwork, and i want to start buying premium membership, so i need a answers. Can i buy a premium membership with a girlfriends visa/mastercard? and If i upgrade right now membership, and now i got 0 connects, il get 60/70, but on 15th of this month should i get more, because cycle is resetting on that date? Thanks in advance!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Stefan, 

Please know that you will need to add a billing method that matches your Upwork account name. 

When you upgrade to a Plus Plan, your billing cycle is reset. Your Connects will refresh monthly according to this new billing cycle. You may check your current billing cycle by going to your Settings > Membership & Connects > Current Billing Cycle. You may read more about it here.

If you're on a plus plan, and you have connects leftover from your past billing cycle, these will rollover to the next billing cycle. The number of Connects you can carry over to the next billing cycle is capped at twice the monthly allotment. Freelancers with the Plus plan can roll over up to 140 Connects. If you buy too many additional Connects or don't use them for a few months, your leftover Connects will expire and you will not be eligible for a refund.

-Avery
Untitled
Stefan M Member Since: Jan 10, 2019
3 of 6

I already read it, but if i wait a 15th jan and my connections will be reseted, and if i upgrade on premium il get both of them or ? That's the right question Smiley Happy

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 6

Hi Stefan, 

I would like to clarify that you only get 10 additional connects every month on a Plus Plan. On a Basic Plan, you get 60 connects, and on a Plus plan you get 10 additional connects. In this case, you will get a total of 70 connects if you upgrade your plan on the first day of your billing cycle.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Stefan. The short answer is that you won't gain any extra benefit through the timing of your switch to Plus membership.

When you switch, your current membership month ends immediately, and  the day of your switch becomes your new monthly connect renewal date.

It sounds like you're thinking of switching exactly on your current renewal day. In that case it's simple. Your monthly renewal day should stay the same, and you should receive 70 connects for your first month of Plus. (But I'm not certain of the exact timing, so perhaps it will be 1 day out.)

If you switch BEFORE your renewal day, you will get less than 70 connects for the first month of Plus membership. That's because you've used all your current month's connects in less than a month. Since you're current month would be ending early, you've used more than the appropriate amount for that period. So your next month's connects will be adjusted downwards  to compensate.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
6 of 6

In other words, the timing of your switch doesn't really matter.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS