🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Prepaid phone balance reimbursement proce...
Page options
rwiratma
Community Member

Prepaid phone balance reimbursement procedure

Hi Upwork team,

My name is Rhesa Wiratma. I would like to get your advice. I have a client that needs my help with calling hospitals to gather some pricing information. This kind of job requires me to spend some money to buy a phone prepaid card to make a phone call. My client said that she will reimburse the prepaid phone balance directly through my local bank. Is it allowed to use this method by Upwork? If it's not allowed what would be your suggestion for me to get the reimbursement because I don't want to break the or against the Upwork terms of service. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Rhesa Wiratma

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rhesa W wrote:

My client said that she will reimburse the prepaid phone balance directly through my local bank. Is it allowed to use this method by Upwork?

No, that is absolutely not allowed.

The client can buy or load the card directly though. If you get a Pay as you go SIM that can be topped up online, the client can just do that and that would be easiest.

Failing that, the client has to pay you through Upwork, plus the fees, of course.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Rhesa W wrote:

My client said that she will reimburse the prepaid phone balance directly through my local bank. Is it allowed to use this method by Upwork?

No, that is absolutely not allowed.

The client can buy or load the card directly though. If you get a Pay as you go SIM that can be topped up online, the client can just do that and that would be easiest.

Failing that, the client has to pay you through Upwork, plus the fees, of course.

rwiratma
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Thank you so much for your advice. I will inform the client that she can pay me through Upwork + she needs to pay the 20% Upwork fee for my prepaid balance. 

Sincerely,

Rhesa

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths