🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Preventing client from giving feedback
Page options
piyalsaha
Community Member

Preventing client from giving feedback

Hi!

I am recently working with a client on a fixed price project, who has requested multiple revisions on a work and has rude behaviour. I did the revisions as many times as he requested but he wants more extra work. He said he will leave a negative feedback otherwise. I don't want to work with him anymore or care about the money at this point. I am sure he will still give me a negative feedback even if I submit the work as he wants. I just want to make sure he can't leave any negative feedback which can affect my score. 

I would really appreciate any help and suggestions on this. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anirbanc
Community Member

Hello Piyal,

Since there are no "jobs in progress" entries in your public profile, it would be safe to assume that the aforementioned "trouble client" has not yet paid for any milestone. That would ensure no Public feedback would show on your profile if you cancel the contract (at least $1 contract payment is required for this to be visible). However, the not so good news is that the client may still choose to leave a negative Private feedback, which, though not visible on your profile, is assumed to carry some weightage for calculating the job success rate.

Having said that, since you have only recently started the journey with Upwork, it might be a good idea to cut your losses and move on. Few more follow-up good contracts with 5-star rating and higher values would get things back to the sunny side.

All the best and have a great day ahead!

Anirban

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
williamtcooper
Community Member

Piyal,

As long as the client hasn't paid you any monies, he can't leave any Public feedback. You can close the Contract and move on. Have a great day!

anirbanc
Community Member

Hello Piyal,

Since there are no "jobs in progress" entries in your public profile, it would be safe to assume that the aforementioned "trouble client" has not yet paid for any milestone. That would ensure no Public feedback would show on your profile if you cancel the contract (at least $1 contract payment is required for this to be visible). However, the not so good news is that the client may still choose to leave a negative Private feedback, which, though not visible on your profile, is assumed to carry some weightage for calculating the job success rate.

Having said that, since you have only recently started the journey with Upwork, it might be a good idea to cut your losses and move on. Few more follow-up good contracts with 5-star rating and higher values would get things back to the sunny side.

All the best and have a great day ahead!

Anirban

spectralua
Community Member

You can report him. Blackmailing is ToS violation. This client will be unable to left any feedback if you can prove rules violation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members