Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous Messages not shown

pradipghanghar
Pradip G Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
1 of 15

Hi There,

I am new to upwork and had some discussion with my clients.

But then If I go up there is no option to read my previous messages. Doesn't it suppose to load old messages when I scroll up?
I have tried upwork message app on android as well, and in app as well I am not able to see my old messages.

Please help. I am stuck and can not have previous info. Please see the attachment as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks

Pradip

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 15

If the potential client has declined your proposal, you will no longer see the messages.  Is this a project you were hired for already?  If so, then if there are messages missing you will need to talk to CS because your conversation should be visible. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
pradipghanghar
3 of 15

I will say I am not hired, but the talk was positive. So there might be something else. Am I missing anyhting else?

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
4 of 15

Click on your proposals tab and see if the job is under your "Active Candidacies"

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
pradipghanghar
5 of 15

Yes, It shows in my Active candidacy

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
6 of 15

I would open a ticket with CS 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 15

I have this issue all the time. I don't know if it's me, the system or what. It's very frustrating. Scroll all the way up and leave your message center there and come back in 5 I guess. You can open a ticket but this has been happening to me for ages and I've seen others ask about it too. I kinda figured I was doing something wrong.

Did you check your email? That's what I have to do when this happens.

Also, another option is to install the mobile app. I believe you can see old messages on there.

pradipghanghar
8 of 15

I have kept it opened for more than 15minutes now, still it is not loading. And same issue I am facing in android app as well. And don't know how to mail the messages.

lysis10
Community Guru
9 of 15

Check the email you have linked with Upwork. You should have a copy there if you didn't read the messages right away.

lysis10
Community Guru
10 of 15

Someone on here told me it takes a few minutes for old messages to load. Meanwhile, you kinda want to wrists cuz you just want to see old messages. 

So, the best thing to do is keep messages in email. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS