Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous client wishes to RE-engage!

Ace Contributor
Michael K Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
1 of 10

Question:

I have a previous client that has expressed a desire to rehire me for a new job.

Is there some way for the client and I to implement a new contract (with new milestones, directly just between us), WITHOUT the client having to post a new job for all the world to see and bid on????'

Thanks,

Michael

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 10

Yes. You client can make an RFP and set it to "invite only"  and invite you to it.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Ace Contributor
3 of 10

Were can I learn how to create an  RFP???

Community Guru
4 of 10

You don't create it your client does.  He creates a job just like he normally would except there is an option to make it public or "invite only"  Then he can invite you and post the job but it can only be seen by you. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 10

By RFP she means job posting.

EVERY job posting can be created as a private or public post.

Ace Contributor
6 of 10

Ok gotcha.  So I just inform the client to create a "private" job post and send me the link to accept, correct?

Community Guru
7 of 10

Yes or if he logs on to his account he should see you on his past projects and there should be a "rehire" button that he can push. 

Ace Contributor
8 of 10

When he pushes the "REHIRE" button, he has the option to add new milestones???

Community Guru
BEST ANSWER
9 of 10

Send this link to your client.  It will walk him/her through it step by step.  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063628-Rehire-a-Former-Freelancer

Ace Contributor
10 of 10

Preston thanks for your input and Katrina BIG thanks Smiley Happy for always begin you SO HELPFUL self!

I sincerely appreciate your responsiveness and support!  Heart

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS