🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Pricing Validity
Page options
nbarnali
Community Member

Pricing Validity

Hey Guys,

Just a thought. Can't we have 'Price Valid till' options while submitting a proposal. Also, advance payment -10% of the cost assurance.  Why?

A proposal was submitted in Sep 2020 6 months back. The client was Ok with the budget at that moment. But she hired someone who was cheaper. 2 months later she again messaged since the work didn't match her expectation. But no hiring still.  4 months later she again messaged me about the same project, with more details. This time there were few changes from freelancer (Me). But the client refused to pay any of the below. 

1. Change in charges
  2. 10% Advance payment. 

So here the client had set the1st milestone 45 days since the project starts. Yes, we may do this on mutual understanding, but with an old client. How many freelancers and agencies will start a job without an initial payment? 

What's your thought guys? Share some ideas

Thanks

Barnali 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can do whatever you want.

You don't need a formal "price validity" feature enforced by Upwork.

If I tell a client that I will do a task for him, for a fixed-price amount of $100... that is my valid price, for however long I decide that price is valid.

If the client doesn't hire me at that time, but comes to me a month later... I will probably allow him to hire me with that price. But I don't have to. I can explain that I don't have time right now. I am busy with another project. Check back with me on a week. But if you need that done soon, I can do it by Friday for $140.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Barnali N wrote:

Hey Guys,

Just a thought. Can't we have 'Price Valid till' options while submitting a proposal. Also, advance payment -10% of the cost assurance.  Why?

A proposal was submitted in Sep 2020 6 months back. The client was Ok with the budget at that moment. But she hired someone who was cheaper. 2 months later she again messaged since the work didn't match her expectation. But no hiring still.  4 months later she again messaged me about the same project, with more details. This time there were few changes from freelancer (Me). But the client refused to pay any of the below. 

1. Change in charges
  2. 10% Advance payment. 

So here the client had set the1st milestone 45 days since the project starts. Yes, we may do this on mutual understanding, but with an old client. How many freelancers and agencies will start a job without an initial payment? 

What's your thought guys? Share some ideas

Thanks

Barnali 

As long as there is 100% of the agreed amount is in escrow the client already has paid in advance.

Thanks for the response.

What about the Price Validity. Can a project price be valid for the 6 months?

- Barnali 

Barnali N wrote:

Thanks for the response.

What about the Price Validity. Can a project price be valid for the 6 months?

- Barnali 

That is your decision. Write whatever you feel is right in your proposal. My rates do not change that often but my availability can change several times a day. I always calculate some extra time to the deadline and let the client know that I need an offer by a certain date in order to meet the deadline mentioned in the proposal.

You can do whatever you want.

You don't need a formal "price validity" feature enforced by Upwork.

If I tell a client that I will do a task for him, for a fixed-price amount of $100... that is my valid price, for however long I decide that price is valid.

If the client doesn't hire me at that time, but comes to me a month later... I will probably allow him to hire me with that price. But I don't have to. I can explain that I don't have time right now. I am busy with another project. Check back with me on a week. But if you need that done soon, I can do it by Friday for $140.

Hey Preston,

Thanks for the response.

That's like 'KOOL'. Will take it.

- Barnali 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths