🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Pricing of writing/editing based upon eva...
Page options
dangallagher
Community Member

Pricing of writing/editing based upon evaluating client materials

How can I price wiork based upon an evaluation of client materials that I have to edit? I have a 3-tiered pricing that recognizes the difference in value between editing and new content creation and other factors. **Edited for community guidelines** But I have to see the client's materials and ask questions to do this. How can I do this when the default proposal shows only my top hourly rate? I'd never cheat UpWork out of its portion of my fee, so referring a prospect to my site is merely to show how I estimate and charge. But I see no other way than to refer a client to my fee page on my website and insist that the work go through Upwork (flat fee once calculated). But the problem is that the hour rate initially shows in my response to the Request for Proposal. Advice or technical know-how?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Why not include your rates in your proposal and make it clear the single rate you've provided with your proposal via Upwork is subject to agreement with the client based on the actual type of work to be done?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Why not include your rates in your proposal and make it clear the single rate you've provided with your proposal via Upwork is subject to agreement with the client based on the actual type of work to be done?

Thanks, Will. I'll do that or something like that.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members