cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Feedback And Job success Score

Highlighted
Manjur R Member Since: Apr 18, 2015
1 of 30

I am truly perplexed over this . Up until a week ago i had a 100 percent job success score .I completed only one job after that . That job went really smoothly ,i got a perfect feedback score .But oddly enough my success score went down by .02 percent ,its 98 percent now .

The only thing that could have made my score to go down is the private feedback score of that job . I went byeond  the call of duty for that job ,its really hard to see how  could i have done more .Un surprisingly my client feels the same way . But my client is fairly new to upwork .He says its entirely possible for him to make a mistake in somewhere as he is new to the system.

But upwork does not allow clients to change their private feedback score  for a job .I talked to upwork support about this ,and they said they cant do anything as upwork does not allow this .

I am just not sure why would i get penalized over my client's lack of familiarity with the system .I know upwork implemented the system to prevent people from gaming the system ,but there is no gaming here,just a potential overlook/mistake .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 30

Unfortunately, UW does not want the clients to understand the system. You most likely got less then a 9 or 10 on one the recommendation which the client most likely thought 7 or 8 was a good score. I had something similar. The client thought a 7 was a good score and it dropped my rating.

Upwork does not allow for private feedback to be changed and they do not want to educate the clients on the fact that anything less then a 9 or 10 will drop your JSS score.

Nothing you can do about it but work on another job to bring your score back up. 

The truth is another client of mine said 100% looks funny anyways no one is perfect. There is nothing wrong with a 98% score. Just means you are human.

Highlighted
3 of 30

"There is nothing wrong with a 98% score"

There is a lot wrong with a 98 percent score ..specially when my score went down for no reason . I know what and how much i did for that particular job ..so does my client .He would not have felt (still feels) as strongly i am about this otherwise .

He simply is new to the system ,it's possible for him to overlook an option .i am unable to see why would upwork refuse to acknowledge that fact . Why am i being penalized for my client's lack of familiarity(which is understandable as he is new to upwork) with the system?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
4 of 30

It can really be anything...an idle contract, or contracts with no feedback could cause it too. It's all very secretive. Unfortunately, I have been beating my head on the wall over this topic since mine went down 8% for likely the same reason and because my client closed an hourly contract with no feedback or work, to switch it to fixed rate. As if I should be punished for that....

Upwork doesn't seem to understand (or even care) why this matters so much to us and why it causes so much stress and frustration. 

Highlighted
5 of 30

Well my case is a bit different ..as nothing else happened  during this period other than the closing down of that one particular job. So it's possible to pinpoint the exact cause .

What could i have done differently? how coud i have prevented this?

I simply would like an explanation from upwork on the matter .

Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
6 of 30

They won't give you one - they can't and won't discuss private feedback and it can't be changed. They usually just say "try harder and improve" without telling you anything else. 

Sorry - I can't wrap my head around it either. Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 30

Manjur,

There is nothing wrong with a 98% Job Success Score.

That is a great score!

That is the kind of score that impresses clients.

Don't worry so much about this.

Highlighted
8 of 30

"There is nothing wrong with a 98% Job Success Score." True ,but there is a lot wrong with the way mine went down unless you think i should pay for a potential mistake of my client . I am fully aware of the upwork's secrecy about success score ..but my case  is a bit too specific ..a bit too simple . Even my client talked to them regarding this ,he asked them three times to let him fix this mistake .

"try harder and improve"

Try harder for what?..to improve my client's familiarity with upwork's system?  If thats the case i would love to hear it from them.

I have faith on upwork regarding this.I am simply asking for a reply .

Thank you for the reply ,truly appreciate this .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
9 of 30

Manjur, please don't worry. A 98% score is really great! I'm sure you're aware that there are things that you can't control. I've already been at 88% - and I survived Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
10 of 30

Not to sound like a wet blanket.. I am only posting this as I have gone through wanting to know details and they will not give you private feedback details.

Valeria stated:

I would just like to add that although private feedback is definitely one of the factors that affect the Job Success score, the details can't be shared with the person to whom the feedback was given for privacy reasons.

Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-Success-and-Customer-Service/m-p/83896#M37350

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS