cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Feedback And Job success Score

Highlighted
Manjur R Member Since: Apr 18, 2015
11 of 30

My post has nothing to do with knowing private feedback details .It has everything to do with why upwork wont allow a client to change  a private feedback score if he made a mistake/overlook during the submission as he was new to the system .

My client wants to fix this ..why should not upwork let him? 

Please dont derail the subject matter ,thank you .

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
12 of 30

If you had read the link that I posted with Valeria's comment you will see mine had to do with the client wanting to change the feedback as well. There is a discussion elswhere that they cannot allow changes because then freelancers could coerce their clients into changing their private feedback

My questions to them had nothing to do with the private feedback either. It had to do with a cleint did not know that scoring me a 8 or lower would impact my score and thought he had given me a good score.

They refused to let him change it and I was like you stuck with a lower score.

I am trying to tell you they don't want clients knowing how it works and they won't change it. You can be upset about it or accept it and move on. I had to.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
13 of 30

This is a non-issue.

You should be happy it only fell by 2%..... and I am not being mean.

Edit - Not to mention you have 155 jobs. Any number of combinations of timeframes of jobs dropping in and out could have caused a 2% drop.

Manjur R. - joomla Wordpress AJAX jQuery JavaScript My SQL - Upw... (12-16-2015 16.44.26).png

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
14 of 30

I agree with Setu. It's not so much about your last client but other factors that have occurred in your 2 year, 1 year and 6 month time frame. If a long term job with good feedback drops out of one of those ranges it can affect todays job success score, even though it happened 1 1/2 years ago.

I saw one person who had 60 jobs in progress and just cringed at how that was going to affect their JSS when they start being closed by Upwork

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jessica S Member Since: Dec 4, 2015
15 of 30

@Setu. .I totally get what you said and it's so true. Fixed rate job on there for so long...hourly job for 4 years but only 9 hours.  But wow. How sad is it that a person's JSS actually drops because of THAT? 

Upwork is killing me....

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
16 of 30
Well I will take this as a good pointer to teach all the nay-sayers a valid lesson. The profile above has 1 dormant contract still open for 4 years, another for 2 years; yet he was at 100% for some time.

All the information is there in black and white for everyone to see. Pointing to evidence is like pulling teeth.

Once again, based on evidence - Private Feedback (whether the job was deemed successful of not) is the main contributor to your JSS tanking. Stop worrying about the other minor things.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Leader
Denise S Member Since: Oct 7, 2016
17 of 30

re: no reason for less than perfect score

In my experience, client feedback is really subjective - more subjective than you might expect, or than seems fair. I've gone out of the way for clients, doing several rewrites because they were unclear (in their own minds) about what they wanted, initially. Their feedback reflected their frustration, I think - not my performance. It's been helpful to my peace of mind to not overthink my JSS, what's happening and why. It's a mystery, in some ways, and it's going to remain a mystery because Upwork's approach to controlling unethical freelancers is really hard on ethical, hard-working, overachieving freelancers.  

Highlighted
Priya D Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
18 of 30

Yes , even mine too . I ahve worked and client appreciated personally but then she dont ahve time to give feedback and now its 50% only for mine . Because two of my clients have done the same . Its really irritationg . I hate this . ELance is much much better than this system . 

Highlighted
Anton R Member Since: Mar 19, 2018
19 of 30

As a person who is usually the client, I'd like to say a few things...

1. I hate Upwork for their arrogance and for how they exploit the contractors. As soon as the better system comes along - I'm out of here.

2. The JS of 98% is great. In my eyes, this is a perfect contractor. Anyone above 90% I consider excellent and worth hiring. If I see 100% - I immediately think that this person simply did not have enough exposure.

3. There needs to be a system like JS. It works. Some contractors will whine and nag, asking you for "2nd chance" after failing the first 3 chances. They will message you day after day saying they deserve a better score. If I give them 4.5 stars publicly - they will leave me alone. But that score is not fair. They did not earn it. They have guilted me into it. Yes, it's my weakness and me trying to be the nice guy, avoiding the conflict. It's weak, I know. But is begging for a better score when you did not earn it a strong move? I don't want to spend my energy on a conflict. I'm only human. So, the private feedback works great in this case. This is where I give people the ACTUAL score I feel they have earned.

4. Good news! If someone gives you an 8, because they'd never give anyone a 10 - don't worry. They will go around and give 8s to everyone, bringing everyone's score to 98%. So, your score will be on par with the other contractors.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
20 of 30

Hi Anton,

Thank you for your feedback. 
Regarding your first point, could you share more details with me or send me a PM with more details, if you need help for something or you would like to give us more detailed feedback about this.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS