🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Private Feedback
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Private Feedback

Hello Upworks Experts, 

Take my best regards. Would be great if someone inform me a details of Private Feedback. Dosen't a Private Feedback show in the "Work History and Feedback" of Profile? Does it have any relation with the percentige of "Clients who would recommend you" section? I have 94% clients who recommend me. Does it mean that 94% of my clients give me good feedback privately and recommend me? Where can I see this private feedback about me? 

Thanks in advance! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

1.  Dosen't a Private Feedback show in the "Work History and Feedback" of Profile?

2. Does it have any relation with the percentige of "Clients who would recommend you" section? I have 94% clients who recommend me.

3. Does it mean that 94% of my clients give me good feedback privately and recommend me?

4. Where can I see this private feedback about me? 

1. No. It is called "private" for a reason.

2. Yes

3. More or less, yes. It only calculates the private feedback from clients who did leave feedback, it is over the lifetime of your profile and it does not update after every job.

4. Nowhere. It is called "private" for a reason.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
petra_r
Community Member

Rafsun S wrote:

1.  Dosen't a Private Feedback show in the "Work History and Feedback" of Profile?

2. Does it have any relation with the percentige of "Clients who would recommend you" section? I have 94% clients who recommend me.

3. Does it mean that 94% of my clients give me good feedback privately and recommend me?

4. Where can I see this private feedback about me? 

1. No. It is called "private" for a reason.

2. Yes

3. More or less, yes. It only calculates the private feedback from clients who did leave feedback, it is over the lifetime of your profile and it does not update after every job.

4. Nowhere. It is called "private" for a reason.

Thank you Petra!

Petra - Please explain private feedback for me. Why are clients allowed to give feedback privately and why are freelancers not allowed to see it. So far, it is all a mystery to me.   Joan

blendq
Community Member

Why should there be a private feedback at all?!
It is very confusing because you might have a great experience with a client, and get excited from his/her PUBLIC feedback, and then in the end you get "stabbed in the back" from a private feedback for no reason at all.
In my opinion it is very non professional.
If there's something to let others know it should be public.
I see this as a satisfaction way of evil clients to show their evil side.
Hoping to see Upwork doing something about it and an answer for why does anybody needs a private feedback.

I totaly agree with you!
At the end you find out that you were working with hypocrites!
If I could only see who gave a bad private feedback...
However...Looks likeUpwork is supporting hypocrisy big time!

You know Upwork...whoever invented your system lives in weird system. Some of us like direct and transparent criticism. We could fix some things that way, dont you think???

Hi Blend C,

This happened to me as I am new on Upwork and just got a JSS of 36% with 4 Positive reviews which are public. 😕

Very awkward feature.

Joan S wrote:

Petra - Please explain private feedback for me. Why are clients allowed to give feedback privately and why are freelancers not allowed to see it. So far, it is all a mystery to me.   Joan

Because a combination of ridiculous social norms and harassment by freelancers so artificially inflated public feedback that it was meaningless. Asking clients for private feedback is the only way Upwork can gather anything approaching accurate information about freelancer performance.

How does it work at all? 

Is feedback given when the project/contract is closed or in the process?

It happens that I have no closed projects yet and I am not clear how it works exactly.

Natalia S wrote:

Is feedback given when the project/contract is closed or in the process?

Feedback (public and private) is left when a contract is closed.

lucioric
Community Member

So there is only to pray that the clients are not neurotic enough to leave bad private feedback with no reason. Lastly I had closed 2 contracts, one, hourly, was client closed by the client after the job was finished, and the other was closed by the client after it had not second milestone after a month and a half. One contract had 5 of public feedback and other 4.8. But my "Percentage of clients who recommends you" have dropped from 87 to 85. So I think that some of that clients left me a bad or medium private feedback. So they may be leaving good public feedback but thinking otherwise.

Where can I find the "percentage of clients who recommend you"?

Thanks!

Nevermind, found it!

Claudia D wrote:

Where can I find the "percentage of clients who recommend you"?

Thanks!

Under My Stats

Sometimes, clients contribute in bad performance from freelancers. And at the end of the day, they want the freelancers to do magic to get good results and on time as if there has been no problem from them at all. To me, private feedback is unfair to freelancers.

That is not accurate information! Accurate is when it is left public. If a freelancer works impecably with all clients and a loonatic gives a private feedback messing with their account is anything but accurate. You should learn more about reviews and accuracy. 

c2a0bf71
Community Member

How to look at private feedback?

Hi Haseena,

Thanks for reaching out. Private feedback are not shown to freelancers.

~ AJ
Upwork
9f318a45
Community Member

Hello,

A client hired me for an hourly-based project. For some reason, the client ended the contract I hadn't earned any dollars yet. I know the client has the option to give private feedback.

My question is let's assume that the client gave negative feedback can this negative feedback affect my JSS or not? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members