cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Forums

matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
1 of 40
Mark forums as private so only clients can access the client forums and freelancers for the freelance forums. The change will allow the appropriate parties to discuss their thoughts on topics relating to them. As well, it will also prevent freelancers from hijacking a thread or trolling threads that aren't meant for them to read or discuss. Why? Because they are not the client, only clients should be replying and discussing.
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
2 of 40
It is simple to sign up as both a client and freelancer. Many of us are both.
3 of 40
Exactly why the current system is broke. Their needs to be a private forum for clients as well as contractor's. It's unheard of that employee's can hijack threads directed at other clients. Think of it like a board meeting with multiple companies and employee's storm in to be disruptive. Their should be some form of fix, ie; clients that have spent x amount of dollars on Odesk have access. Not a perfect fix, but it will keep most trolls out.
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
4 of 40
You'd be the first who'd need to be kept outside. Just saying. Smiley Wink
5 of 40
Of course a contractor would say that. No we won't let the wolves guard the sheep sir.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 40
"it will also prevent freelancers from hijacking a thread or trolling threads" PMSL
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
7 of 40
as the system respects that we are all 'matured' individuals who take our liberties with utmost responsibility when we post stuff here. I clearly recall you insulting me and other freelancers' intelligence on the thread you posted in the Client's section - which by the way is in violation of forum rule # 6 --- Including profanity, vulgarity, hate speech, disruptive or hostile comments, interpersonal disputes or threats of violence in a post. And no, don't feel like editing it too for I took screenshots just in case lol. It won't be long... so I'd say 'Goodbye' Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
8 of 40
There is no such thing as an "employee" here. We all run our own business, we are business owners. Get the employer/employee mindset out of your head. The plumber you hire to fix your toilet is not your employee, he is a contractor who is doing work for you. Same here. I have my own state licensed business. I am nobody's employee. I also hire contractors on oDesk as well as other places including locally. You seem to have a very limited view of others. Open your eyes, there is a big world out there.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
9 of 40
+1
10 of 40
Only the freelancers have an issue with this. Again, wolves aren't allowed to guard the sheep. Why is it only freelancers complaining about the idea, we both know why Smiley Happy
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS