cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Forums

Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
11 of 40
For the last 24 hours, you have done nothing but being rude and upsetting people in the forum. Why is that? What is your real problem matthew i?
matthew i Member Since: Dec 11, 2010
12 of 40
If posting factual data about world wide salaries upsets anyone, I may be in a room full of con-artists. I fail to see how anyone would be upset unless it's exposing something they want to hide from other clients that doesn't know any better.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
13 of 40
and I have already reported you to Live Chat. Period.
14 of 40
I don't care, I have screenshots of all post and threads. No rules were violated. In reality, most of you broke ToS Smiley Happy Go ahead and report yourself.
15 of 40
I don't care, I have screenshots of all post and threads. No rules were violated. In reality, most of you broke ToS Smiley Happy Go ahead and report yourself.
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
16 of 40
You don't need screenshots, you know. You can give them the links to every thread you have posted a comment. It's going to be a lot easier for them to see your odd behavior and give you a warning. Or better yet, ban you from the forum. You started this whole thing yesterday, without a reason whatsoever, by being rude to Darren when you said that he can't be taken seriously because he charges a lot more than others in his country. Oh please, as if you even have a clue about his business... or any business for that matter. You, and only you, started commenting about something completely irrelevant in a thread that has helped many freelancers and clients. You should be ashamed of yourself for your behavior. Mods are using that thread in their comments to help people too and you don't even care. Ever since then, you keep being rude and insulting both clients and freelancers, making a complete fool of yourself. If you want to contribute to this forum, then do it in a professional manner. Otherwise, stop trolling and insulting people and get back to your work.
17 of 40
Why don't you say something to others about being rude to me? I posted something for clients - not freelancers. Freelancers replied to protect their own interests and tried to flame me for it because it effects their bottom line dollar. Insults were made towards me which you don't seem to mention. Why is that? I'll tell you why, you're on the same "team" as them and both have the same interests to protect. We don't need double standards, one standard will do just fine. If you feel the need to mention me being rude - do it for your colleagues as well, otherwise that makes you a hypocrite.
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
18 of 40
Isn't it our good right to claim our interests in the platform's forums where we are earning our living? What's wrong with this? The forum is nothing else than a community. As such, every community member may take part in it, wherever he or she wants to. Also, the separation into "clients" and "freelancers" has just been made in order to filter topics, not to split up the community. It is just easier to organise and to follow instead of putting all the threads in one big mess. @being rude: What goes around, comes around. Greetings, André
19 of 40
You're not being asked for an opinion. Posts are directed to clients. If we were in a big room, and someone asked OK, will all the people from the IT dept answer this question, and immediately people from the sales dept jumped up and started answering the question, you would be viewed as disruptive and removed from the room. "Know your role" I see why most don't have a normal job locally. Many can't hack it, probably fired for insubordination or something else because you have some sense of "entitlement" in which you didn't earn. It's very obvious actually.
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
20 of 40
In case you haven't noticed it yet: This is a public forum. It is intended to be used by clients, contractors and visitors alike. If you wish to be surrounded by other clients, please go for other communities. Nobody will stop you. This forum, however, has just been set up in an organised way. There is a section for spam, one for news, one for technical stuff and, surprise, one for client-related and one for contractor-related issues. See the difference now? It's not "for clients", but rather "for client-related issues". I cannot make it more clear than this, sorry. @assumptions: You'd better not do that. First, you have no clue who we are and what we do. And secondly, neither do we. You've told us to be an American entrepreneur with 20 years of experience and +1000 contacts or whatsoever. Well, I have my doubts. There is not just your poor language and your rude attitude, but also the way you structure your arguments. So, speaking of assumptions, I just assume you're nothing more than a regular forum troll trying to attract attention. We freelancers, can be all kinds of people. Just follow the oDesk blog or facebook page. There are students earning a living like me, professional freelancers who stay at home to care for their children or elderly parents or folks who are world travelers and who cannot stay at a place longer than 2-3 weeks. There are many reasons to be a freelancer. If you ask me (I'm not sure you would ask such a brilliant question in the first place, but anyway) it is much more difficult to make a living as a freelancer than working locally - as you call it. But I guess you've figured it out already with your local job at ...? Where were you working again? Again, I doubt it can be anything else than a rather monotonous job (to not specifically mentioning McDonalds or a "local" car wash). Smiley Happy Greetings, André
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS