🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Private Talent Cloud is acting like Hotel...
Page options
kinector
Community Member

Private Talent Cloud is acting like Hotel California: "You can never leave"

I'm not able to leave a Private Talent Cloud that I was invited to last year (the job was great, but probably a complete outlier as all the new jobs posted seem to be outside of my field even in the widest category).

I get the following error when pressing the Leave link and the confirmation that pops up:

Screenshot 2021-10-09 09.38.30.png

I'm starting to feel as if I were in Hotel California:

"Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'"

I'd really like to leave that Private Talent Cloud if the good people at Upwork permit it.

Thank you in advance (and kudos to Eagles). Smiley Tongue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mikko,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
hglewis
Community Member

Hello Mikko!

Mikko R wrote:

I'm starting to feel as if I were in Hotel California:

You can't be in the Hotel California. There are no coconuts! 🥥🥥🥥

You're probably stuck on Fantasy Island! "Boss, The Cloud, The Private Talent Cloud!"

kinector
Community Member

Woodrow, you're absolutely right. This cannot be happening!!! Smiley LOL

JoanneP

Hi Mikko,

You might want to check this help article for steps on how you can leave a Talent Cloud. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Mikko,

You might want to check this help article for steps on how you can leave a Talent Cloud. 

Joanne Marie, I did exactly as that article tells me to, as I already showed you. The problem is a software bug. Please ask someone to fix the bug, then let me know so I can try again.

Thanks.

Hi Mikko,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Thanks Nikola, it worked. Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Member

Mikko R wrote:

I'd really like to leave that Private Talent Cloud

Why? Why don't you just turn off the job notifications, so being in that cloud doesn't bother you, but they can still hire you if and when another job at your level comes along?

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Mikko,

The steps he clearly, as even shown on the screenshot, followed to the letter, but (as equally clearly shown on that same screenshot) it didn't work and caused the error asking him to contact support.

Obviously, the sensible reaction to being asked to contact support to have it resolved may have been to.... well.... contact support, maybe?

lysis10
Community Member

haha you thought you could leave but haha freelancer stuck in his talent cloud shackles. You will see our jobs and you will like it.

kinector
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

haha you thought you could leave but haha freelancer stuck in his talent cloud shackles. You will see our jobs and you will like it.

My thoughts exactly! Smiley LOL

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members