cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private message advertising Freelancing site

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
41 of 43

Now, that's what I call an OFFICIAL email / message. Today from oDesk odesk@workhappy.odesk.com I received:

(start)

Dear Ronald,

Yesterday you may have received a solicitation from a user named [Ron deleted the name] inviting you to a site called [Ron deleted the name]. Please disregard the message and do not click on any links. We do not have any association with [Ron deleted the name] and are investigating whether it is a legitimate site.

The message will be removed from your Messages inbox soon. We apologize for any confusion this solicitation may have caused, and our team is working to prevent this from happening again.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to  [Ron deleted the email address]

Thank you,
The oDesk Team

(end)

I can't say much about reaction time; however, it was nice to receive formal [yes, official] notififcation from oDesk.

Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
42 of 43

Yeah Ron, I got the same message. Nice to know they did something about it. They actually got in touch with me via email even though I had not submitted a ticket. I only started this thread after receiving the infamous mail.

So Kudoz to them, they are listening. They might only be doing something about the matters that hurt oDesk mainly (and not OTHER matters..ehem..) but at least they are listening...

Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
43 of 43

I got the message too. Thank you oDesk, I really do appreciate! 

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS