cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Adding Certifications

Carlos R Member Since: Apr 5, 2017
1 of 8

Trying to add my PMP certification to my Upwork profile.

It is not on the list

Your intrcucitons indicate to use "Other," and enter name, but that is not an option either.

"Other" is also not on the list.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Carlos,

If a certification you search for doesn't show up in the drop down menu, you'll see a link to add a custom certification:

Screenshot_5.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
3 of 8

Your instrctions on your support artiles indicae to choose 'Other,' then type in the name.

I have done that in the past.  However, 'Other' seems to be missing from the list now.

The inructions also metion certification partners for formal validation, but there is no metion on where to go to se who those are or how to use that feature.

I have submitted request for PMP to be added, and it said it wold be reviewed.

I find it interesting that PMP is not a standard Certification in your list.

4 of 8

OK

So I have made multiple request for the PMP certification to be added, to no avail.

Can you indicate what is the holdup?

I was told by other members that such certification used to be there.  Is there a reason it is no longer there?  Do you not recognize the PMI certificaitons any more?

I see several high-end Job Posting requiring the PMP ceritifcaiton, but I am unable to submit proposals to those since I cannot include it in my profile.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jean L Member Since: Oct 5, 2018
5 of 8

PMP Certification is an international certification, through PMI.org. 

WHY is this NOT ALLOWED?? 

This is a significant flaw in the Upwork profile creation process. 

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Jean,

I understand that you're looking to add a certificate to your profile that is currently not on our list of available certificates. Please check the Help article for more information and note that you can follow the same steps again for adding certificates to your profile and use the suggestion link if you haven't already.

Note that our team reviews all the suggestions we receive and depending on volume and frequency (along with other factors), might consider including additional certificates not currently available on the list. Unfortunately, we aren't able to provide any timeframe for when certificates our freelancers recommend will be added. We will update the list in the Help article once new certificates are included but in the meantime you can include the ones you hold in the Portfolio section.

Ranjini A Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
7 of 8

i have submitted PMP certifiction as mentioned with details on PMP ID, start date, expiry date etc.. as suggusted. Hope PMP certification will be added to my profile. 

8 of 8

I have been asking them to add it for over two years, including submitting the formal request through the add skills window multiple times, to no avail.  I even went on chat with Upwork Support and they finally indicated they only have the ones on the list that they have linkage to validate electronically, and apparently setting up such linkage with PMI is not a priority.  So far the only places I found to show such certification is as part of the Title (e.g., - PMP),  Selecting it as a Skill (thereby having to use one of the 10 max allowed), or the Other Experience Section where the Cert number can be entered in the description.  At this point, I doubt that they are really serious about adding Management type certifications to the list.  This also goes for Six Sigma, ScrumMaster, Scrum Professional, and all such other cross-industry certifications.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS