Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
21 of 36

Wow - in June: $0.01 minus 20% . . . Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Stephen M. K Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
22 of 36

Thank you Margarete and Sandra.

So it sounds like, I can't leave the review now---I have to wait until the auto-release of 1 cent?

Also, thank you, Sandra, for the advice of admitting my own mistakes in the client review.  I will do that.

Steve

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
23 of 36

Sorry to keep asking questions on this one client.

If I now 'End the Contract', could I then write the client review?

thanks all!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
24 of 36

I've only closed one contract, but if I recall correctly I was prompted to leave feedback the moment I closed it.

I hope that if I'm wrong, someone else will chime in with the right answer.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
25 of 36

Thanks Christy!  I'll probably wait for one more verification, then just end it and leave the review.   That way I can cast that client out of my mind forever!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
26 of 36

Hi Stephen and others,

Unfortunately, at least $1 has to be paid on the contract in order for feedback to show publicly. I still suggest you provide private feedback for the client once the contract is closed. Clients who have proven to be problematic to work with are warned and reviewed by the team and their feedback can potentially be excluded from freelancers' JSS. Also, always make sure that a milestone is fully funded before you complete the task and deliver work to the client.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Leader
Jared K Member Since: Dec 12, 2015
27 of 36

That's too bad that you had to learn things this way Steve. I had a client try something a few months back, I think. The job was to write some content for $150 but when the contract was offered I noticed that is was broken into two milestones, which sent me some flags to begin with. Why would a client, who essentially controls when the escrow funds are released, need to split the funds into two drafts? If he/she doesn't like what I send her/him then it can be sent back to me until I rewrite to the client's specs, right? I then noticed that milestone one was only funded for $1. I said no thank you and blocked him from contacting me.

What I would like to know is how Upwork takes a 10% cut from a penny?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
28 of 36

Thank you Valeria and Jared.

Valeria---2 questions on your post regarding my situation.  1)  How do I provide private feedback on this client,  and  2) How does the contract get closed?

thx again!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
30 of 36

Everyone----I just received this message:

"Contract action taken by (client's name is here)

Hi Stephen M.

Your last submission of milestone "Start" on contract #******** (contract number is here)  "Ghost Writer" has been approved by Upwork."

Contract is still only funded 1 cent.

Not sure quite what the message means if there is still no funding???    Sheesh!!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS