cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem about a refund

pilarburset
Active

Hello . Accidental I sent a refund to my client. Then it began a dispute to try to solve it asking for the refund that we had arranged. I have agreed thinking that they were going to remove the incorrect refund and to renew it for the correct one but apparently it has not been like that. How can I solve it?  

11 REPLIES 11
mirshahzad
Community Leader

Dear Pilar,

It might be problem at client, so, be patient and ask again, otherwise you can contact with Customer Support Team of Upwork.

Thanks,

Shahzad

Grats on moving back to pakistan.

@OP, ask the client to pay you in a bonus.

Jennifer what? Please explain. I don't understand what your are asking.

@Shahzad A wrote:

Jennifer what? Please explain. I don't understand what your are asking.

I think she is hinting at how some deeply dishonest people pretend to live in a country far, far away from where they really live. It is usually because they think that it would give them an advantage if they deceive clients into thinking they live in a different country....

Eventually they are caught and made to change their profile location to where they really are.......

Petra,

You may be right in your mind, but some clients have a problem that he/she will not get the contract, because they live in the poorest countries, and the million of clients are belonging from the USA and they are not satisfy and not hire the peoples of poor countries.

For example:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

We are lover, we are sincere, we are very hardworker, and also we are very talented. Please try to understand us. 

"All the fingers are not equal in one hand"

Shahzad A wrote: we are very hardworker, and also we are very talented.

Shahzad, it does not matter. What matters is that being downright dishonest is not acceptable. A client sees a dishonest profile and will not be fooled. When people lie about their location and their language expertise all they do is make themselves look dishonest.

I also don't think that your location is the problem. There are hundreds of thousands of freelancers from your country working successfully here with fabulous feedback.

Your problem is a pretty different one......

Petra,

I can't get any job at Upwork, because the Upwork is only for USA and Europe peoples, not the whole world. I am trying from last two years, but I have not submit my proven front-end cover letter for Upwork. In the sadly words, I am leaving the Upwork, and I wasted my important two years of my life. I know it will not affect on Upwork about my leaving, but humanity will be leaving of upwork. I submit everything about me (Correct information), **Edited for Community Guidelines**but once a day will come, when I will prove my ability in-front of the world, but sadly that platform will not upwork. "GOOD BYE UPWORK"

It is my request to Upwork that please review your policy and terms, it is not 100% correct.

"The suspension of any account is not the solvence of problems"

@Shahzad A wrote:

Petra,

I can't get any job at Upwork, because the Upwork is only for USA and Europe peoples, not the whole world.

That is abject nonsense!! There are MILLIONS of freelancers from India, Pakistan, The Philippines, Bangladesh and dozens of other non US and non European countries on Upwork, and lots of them are super successful.

You can not get any job at Upwork because you have a fairly weak profile, really poor feedback history, probably because your cover letters are in the same broken English as your forum posts, because you had lied about your location and lie about your language skills.

@Shahzad A wrote:

Petra,

You may be right in your mind, but some clients have a problem that he/she will not get the contract, because they live in the poorest countries, and the million of clients are belonging from the USA and they are not satisfy and not hire the peoples of poor countries.

For example:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

We are lover, we are sincere, we are very hardworker, and also we are very talented. Please try to understand us. 

"All the fingers are not equal in one hand"

Shahzad, - I can turn that statement around and complain that I'm not getting jobs because freelancers in what you call "poor" countries are getting all of them. These freelancers, because of the low cost of living can afford to bid lower then freelancers in affluent, weathly countries. I can say, that all the jobs are going to those "poor" freelancers. So, my "rant" is - Thousands of clients in the U.S. and other wealthy countries are hiring thousands of freelancers from "poor" countries. I can't get any jobs, it's not fair.

Good clients will hire good freelancers and will pay them with good wages. I don't know about the different locations that supposedly were in your profile, but I can say that clients do look at a person's location, but mainly because of the time differences. That can be good, or bad depending on how the client wants to work. Good in a way, that the client can give the freelancer the work and instructions, at the end of the day, go to sleep, and while they sleep their work is being done. When they get up, it's all finished. Bad in a way, that if a problem arises with the freelancer, they can't continue until the client wakes up and addresses that problem, thus delaying the job considerably. Also, a client's work may need to be done according to the clients working hours.

2 things currently in your profile that are probably hindering you. First, you're overview is written much differently then how you write here. If a client looks at your profile overview, but then reads your actual proposal letter, that could be a huge factor. Also, your feedback may be a factor. 4.0 is not a bad score, but the other job is especially if you don't have many jobs to begin with.

A while ago I posted a job (on Elance) for a freelancer and specifically wanted only replies from freelancers in my own country (U.S.) because, contrary to what I thought, I needed the finished product to be mailed to me and didn't think it was feasable to someone out of the country to do that because of the cost. I received a proposal from a freelancer from one of those "poor" countries and because of what was written in the proposal, I hired him. And he did a GREAT job. It was done remotely, sent to me, along with another program that enabled me to unzip and uncode it and was willing to walk me through the steps in case I didn't understand. I didn't need that. (I'm a computer tech and was able to figure out everything on my own easily.)

So, it's how you craft your proposals, that's holding you up, not where you come from.

thanks

re: "some clients have a problem that he/she will not get the contract, because they live in the poorest countries,"

No clients avoid hiring from a country because the country is "poor."

Clients avoid hiring contractors from that country because of what happened the last three times they hired somebody from that country.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS