🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem about sharing payment methods.. Need ...
Page options
mukhles_shataly
Community Member

Problem about sharing payment methods.. Need any HELP !!

Hello,

In my case, I met a person who is living and California, he is working in a huge company there, has was locked in my country because there is a lockdown, he has some works to finish which I can do them for him.

I suggested to him Upwork, so that he can use it, I showed him a client account which I do not use, indeed, he was fascinated with Upwork, and he suggested to work with me remotely after coming back to USA, but he did not want to verify any payments methods in my country because some political resitrictions, I told him to use mine.

After several successful contracts, the Upwork detected the payment method of my freelancer account is similar to the one that I got paid from, and sent me an ID verification request through the email, I sent all the required documents and got verified again, they also requested me some screenshots about the kind of work and the calls log between us which I sent them all.

The guy now has travelled back to California and there is no way to contact with him, because I did not get his email or phone number, they sent him the ID verification request for his name, but of course this will not happen, I have the email and the password for the client account, but I am afraid to make anything esclates the problem or to make my freelancer profile suspended.
I need your advice and your help, please, I am hesitating, and do not know what to do.

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hello Mukhles,

I see that you have already responded to the support ticket initiated on your Upwork account. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
gina-herrera
Community Member

... So what you are saying is that a client wanted to hire you, but because they couldn't use their payment method, you offered to let them use yours.

Therefore you paid yourself, for work you did for them? And earned no money for it?

The point of that was obviously to drive your feedback score higher, I don't know how you can pretend you had any other intent because you have been paid $0, and yet claim to continue to "work" for your "client".

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members