🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem accessing Messages on Firefox PC wind...
Page options
vorsganian
Community Member

Problem accessing Messages on Firefox PC windows 10

I have a problem loading messages section in Upwork Windows Firefox, no changes were made to the pc or the browser, any ideas? It has been happening for the last few days, and I have tried removing all blockers, add ons etc to no avail.

9 REPLIES 9
AndreaG

Hi Daron,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

~Andrea
Upwork
moneumiko
Community Member

I have the same problem since yesterday! Messages stopped working (can't be loaded) in Firefox, no matter what I do. I restarted the website, the whole computer, and I cleared the cache and the cookies. No change! They don't work. They do in Chrome without any problems, but I like having my Upwork open in a different browser!

Hi Monika,

Could you please check this help article and follow the instructions shared there to see if they can help in your case? If the issue persists please send us a screenshot from your end and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I did read that article before writing in this thread but I thought it wasn't the problem since I'm not using a 3rd party antivirus software, just the Windows one. BUT I now looked into my Task Manager and it turned out there was some part of the McAfee package running (this software was offered me on this laptop when I bought it but I never installed it, but apparently something had been preinstalled already!). So I removed it, and the massages now seem to be working!
I will come back here if they stop working again but I hope it will be fine now 🙂 Thanks for responding!

Once again I cannot access the Upwork message board, it is sat constantly showing a spinning circle.

It seems like the message board is down every other weekend.

Hi Graham,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please clarify if you are experiencing this issue on the browser? If so could you please check this help article and follow the instructions shared there to see if they can help in your case?

If the issue persists please send us a screenshot from your end and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
42c61916
Community Member

I have had the same problem for the last couple of days and have had to use Microsoft Edge just for Upwork messages, it's very annoying.

Hi Colum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please also try following the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? If the issue persists please send us a screenshot from your end and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
data_divas
Community Member

Disregard.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths