🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Problem being paid by Upwork
Page options
claireroy
Community Member

Problem being paid by Upwork

Hi, I'm having problems with my pay through upwork. Im in the UK and dont think they've used an internatiinal banking code. Its been over and month and not getting anywhere. All upwork are saying is that they have requested a trace on it but my bank aren't answering. I've been to my bank and nothing has been recieved and it is up to Upwork and the sending bank to sort it out. I have sent so many emails and it's going nowhere! Anyone know what i can do to get the money that I'm owed?
7 REPLIES 7
cloppi
Community Member

Hello. I think there are just two possible reasons. First - that could be a typo in your bank account information details in the widthdraw settings. The second one could be the bank itself. I suggest you need to check the account details first in your settings thoroughly.
In my country I'm receiving funds in 12-18 hours to my bank account approximately. I'm sure in your case that should be the same timeframe.

Kind regards,
Art
claireroy
Community Member

I've checked and my account details are correct in my profile. I can't see a bic reference anywhere, and don't remember whether they requested this in my account payment set up.

Upwork don't seem to be doing much to sort it out, and it doesn't look like I'm going to get my money.

Claire
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Claire,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with this withdrawal. I see our team is in constant communication with you via the open support ticket and will update the ticket as soon as we receive feedback in regards to the trace that as initiated for the transaction. I'm sorry we' don't have more information at the moment, please make sure to check your ticket for new updates.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

The problem is, there is nothing being done about it.  Nothing proactive whatsoever.  I feel really disappointed and let down by Upwork right now.

claireroy
Community Member

6 weeks ago I requested payment from Upwork and it has never arrived. I am going out of my mind because Upwork don't appear to be doing anything proactive about it! Upwork are just saying that they sent it and awaiting a response from my bank on the trace but that clearly isn't working and that is all they have to say about it.

I have contacted my bank and been to my local branch and regularly contact Upwork. But nothing is being done. I feel like I've worked for nothing and I'm very upset about it. I don't feel like Upwork care about it whatsoever, because I keep getting the same answer which is that they are waiting - waiting for nothing to happen!! What exactly can I do to get the money that I'm owed??!!

I checked all of my bank details several times - all correct my end.  BUT the Upwork reciept (of them sending it their end) has other numbers jumbled together with my bank details and they won't explain this, or look into it.  This is completely unprofessional conduct carried out by Upwork.

Claire 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Claire,

I'm sorry to hear your withdrawn earnings still hasn't reflected on your account. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

We will also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Claire

I'm experiencing the same problem as yours.

I mad a withrawal on October 16th, 2020 but the money hasn't arrived yet to my bank account.

My bank branch has requested a tracing from my bank headquarter, they comfirmed that there no money arrived.

Upwork sent me something like a tracing sheet showing that money has been processed on October 16th to my bank account 

The name is correct

The bank account is correct

The bank swift code is also correct.

I'm waiting 35 days and haven't received yet my money.

Upwork are always saying that have initiated a tracing, but banks didn't answer ( Things they had also saying to you)

I want to ask you if your problem is resolved?

Have you finally received your money?

What is the final issue of your case?

Because, I'm stressing and feeling that I'm loosing my money forever.

Thanks for your answer.

SALEM

Salem
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths