🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem sending PM to a community member
Page options
jackiepeeler
Community Member

Problem sending PM to a community member

When trying to send a PM to a community member, the page it goes to is not responding. Either there is something wrong or I don't know how to do it, it's  been years since I did it. Can someone help with this? 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacqueline,

I just send you a PM. Could you please try responding to me and share more information about your concern.

If you're not able to send me a PM, please share more information about the issue you're experiencing. Please include the screenshot of the error message if there is one.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't send or reply to the PM. When I do, I go to a page that looks like the right one, but it's frozen and nothing can be entered, then an error message pops up saying the page is unresponsnive, and I have to sign in to Upwork again too. I'm out at that point. 

Hi Jacqueline, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if this happens even after clearing your cookies, or using a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Jacqueline,

I'd like to add to Avery's suggestion to clear cache and cookies and try using a different browser. I checked your private messages and was able to use the reply button and enter information in the subject and body fields, so at this point to me it looks like the issue you reported might be browser related. Please keep us updated and let us know if you need further help.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I cleared the cache as suggested, I am using Chrome, current version, but the problem persists. Doesn't work in Safari either but it has other problems with Upwork as well so I seldom use it here. I'm on a Mac if that's pertinent but you'd know that because I mentioned Safari.

Can you try again? I still can't send PMs.

Thanks!

Jacqueline, 

Are you trying to send a PM to a Community member by clicking on their name from their Community post and then using the Message button? So for me it would be on this page.

Does the page still freeze there?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, that is the way I did it and I still have the page freezing, it just did from your link. After cache & cookies clearing and after restarting my machine.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members