🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem to registry a SWIFT code in Mexico
Page options
midalif
Community Member

Problem to registry a SWIFT code in Mexico

Hello everyone!

I'm from Mexico and I'm trying to registry a SWIFT code, I read in an upwork article that it corresponds to the "clabe" in Mexico wich consists in 18 digits, but when I type them or paste them, the field only allows me to input 17 numbers, it also marks an error saying the code only should have 8 to 11 numbers.

I already tried to contact support via the chatbot, but I haven't been able to reach them. So at the end... I haven't been able to registry it. 

Can someone help me please?

Thank you so much 🙂

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Monica, please check this help article for more information about the correct format of the bank codes. That said, since some banks that aren’t in our database or have recently changed their information, your bank details may not be recognized. In that case you can enter your bank information manually by selecting the "enter branch address manually" option. On the pop-up that appears click "enter it manually."​ Once clicked, a new form will appear to let you enter your bank details. You may want to re-confirm the code and other information on file with your bank before entering changes manually in order to avoid potential problems with withdrawals.

~Andrea
Upwork
midalif
Community Member

Hi Andrea!

Thanks for your response. However, I can't see the option you mention. Look, It appears to me like this:

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-28 152923.jpg

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-28 153339.jpg

The code for Mexico has 18 digits, but the field only allows to input 17 digits, and then it says that it has to be 8 to 11, wich is not the case.

Thanks for following up, Monica. We'll have someone from our team reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
eidosk
Community Member

Can this be addressed for all people with mexican account and CLABE? The bank code sections says "When you set up your payment method, you will need to enter the CLABE as your account number. " But where can you enter the CLABE ? there is only an option to enter a SWIFT code.

Thanks

Hi Marco,

I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
eidosk
Community Member

Yes, but it was NOT solved. I actually would like to complain about this. All the support person said was "go to the bank and ask for a SWIFT code". I have already been to the bank. The bank is Bancoppel. It does NOT have a SWIFT code. There needs to be a way to enter the CLABE. Please solve this ASAP. thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths