Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PayPal withdraw

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
31 of 41

@Stanislav S wrote:

1) My account successfully receives money from all arount the world, and I SUCCESSFULLY received money from Elance, but suddenly, when

2) Elance became Upwork my account is not eligible for mass payments anymore? Don't you think that's -

---------------------

1) Do You understand the difference between receiving regular PayPal payments and receiving MassPay?

please contact PayPal and ask them if your PayPal account is set up to receive MassPay, and, if not, if it can be enabled. It is hardly rocket-science.

2) Elance did not become Upwork. oDesk became Upwork.

Trim T Member Since: Jun 1, 2017
32 of 41

I wrote to Paypal.

This is their answer:

Untitled.jpg

Artem R Member Since: Jun 19, 2017
33 of 41

This issue is still relevant, support from PayPal says that it's not the problem on PayPal side, therefore it's problem of Upwork.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 41

Hi Artem,

I can assure you the withdrawals are rejected on your payment method's end and not to your Upwork account or the platform.

35 of 41

I receive the message from PayPal's support that problem is on side of Upwork. Apparently, It's problem with your service not with PayPal. What is the standard procedure for this case?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
36 of 41

Artem, you may need to contact higher level of PayPal support or add an alternative payment method. Unfortunately, in some countries withdrawals from PayPal to a bank account aren't available and therefore withdrawals to PayPal may be rejected as well.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Andre K Member Since: Apr 26, 2017
37 of 41

Hi Artem I think you have to try alternative payment mmethod.

I am in West Africa, I've got the same problem and many other members of upwork.

They suggested me to use Payoneer. I did and thankfully it works for me.

You can egister for a free payonner account and receive free master card here:

Share with your friends who are meeting the same problem.

38 of 41

Hi, I have the problem with withdrawing money. I have already appended my PayPal account which is related to my Upwork email. When I click "Get paid now" I receive the message "Your payment via PayPal account failed, and the money has been credited back to your Upwork account." And I don't understand what's the problem, I have valid PayPal account with verified cards.

Milan S Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
39 of 41

I had the same issue.

Call the PayPal support, explain them you want to link the Upwork to the PayPal.

It's related to some feature a credit card has to have activated, and which is off by default, and which most of freelancers need in order to transfer the money.

Cheers

40 of 41

Hi, I have the problem with withdrawing money. I have already appended my PayPal account which is related to my Upwork email. When I click "Get paid now" I receive the message "Your payment via PayPal account failed, and the money has been credited back to your Upwork account." And I don't understand what's the problem, I have valid PayPal account, It looks like the problem on Upwork side.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS