Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PayPal withdrawal

Highlighted
Chris M Member Since: Apr 26, 2016
1 of 10

Hi,

I always withdraw my Upwork funds through PayPal, and this has always worked perfectly. The money always immediately appeared on my PayPal account. However, this time it did not work. I withdrew money over 24 hours ago and it is still not on my PayPal account. I did get an Upwork confirmation e-mail. I contacted PayPal, they say no transfer has been made. Where is my money?

Hope you can help!

Kind regards,

Chris

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 10

Hi Chris,

I see your request was already escalated to the appropriate department and our team will post an update as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Anil K Member Since: Dec 16, 2015
3 of 10

Hi,

I always withdraw my Upwork funds through PayPal, and this has always worked perfectly. The money always immediately appeared on my PayPal account. However, this time it did not work. I withdrew money over 24 hours ago and it is still not on my PayPal account. I did get an Upwork confirmation e-mail. I contacted PayPal, they say no transfer has been made. Where is my money?

Hope you can help!

Kind regards,

Chris

---------------------

Hi,

On which date you have placed your request?

Thanks

Uplift Upwork Visual Style : Add-on
Link Removed
Highlighted
4 of 10

Hi,

I placed my request on April 25, 6,22 AM (GMT).

Kind regards,

Chris

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 10

Petra had a similar problem recently, which is discussed in this thread: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Delay-with-PayPal-withdrawals/m-p/179695/highlight/true#...

Highlighted
6 of 10

Thank you for mentioning this. However, in this case the problem is not with PayPal. I already contacted them, and there is nothing wrong with my PayPal account. They said the problem must be with Upwork.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi Chris,

I checked your ticket and it looks like the issue was resolved and your funds have already arrived in your PayPal account.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 10

Petra had a similar problem recently. For some reason, I am unable to post a link to the thread, but you can search for "Delay with PayPal Withdrawals"  

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Akbar P Member Since: Apr 22, 2016
9 of 10

Something weird is happening with LFT & Paypal withdrawals, there might be some bugs/glitches with Upwork and I hope they are trying there best to fix this ASAP.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 10

@Tiffany S wrote:

Petra had a similar problem recently. For some reason, I am unable to post a link to the thread, but you can search for "Delay with PayPal Withdrawals"  

My problem was partly due to me making a change in my PayPal account which I had every reason to believe would not affect my withdrawals, and partly due to PayPal doing something funky at their end.

It was not an Upwork issue, yet Upwork fixed it for me by retrieving the "stray" withdrawal (which went into a black hole on Planet PayPal) and popping it back into my Upwork account, thanks to Valeria going above and beyond as always!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS