🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Problem with Rising Talent badge.
Page options
priyankrawat
Community Member

Problem with Rising Talent badge.

I hope you all are doing good.

I have seen a lot of freelancers on upwork with 0 work done, no money earned have a Rising Talent badge. I mean how is it even possible. A freelancer who has not given his/her services to anyone ,how can someone judge his talent. Also, I was seeing my recent client's history, there was a new freelancer who has completed his first work given by the same client.The freelancer earned $40 and has a Rising Talent badge. Like really how is it even possible.

I have successfully completed 3 jobs, earned $200+ , have 5.00 star ratings in all 3 jobs, still have no such badge.

Can anyone explain me this?

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Priyank, 

As a reminder, we look at a variety of factors when determining whether to award Rising Talent status. This includes client feedback, the overall strength of your profile upon submission, including prior experience and skills and your educational background, as well as the opportunities available in the market. Therefore, even new freelancers who have yet to complete any projects on Upwork can be admitted into the Rising Talent program.

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths