🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Problem with TopRate
Page options
bolbas
Community Member

Problem with TopRate

Hello, I have a good account and good reviews. I have been TopRate for a very long time, but for some reason this status has been removed from me. I do not understand why - I have a good account. I have been working on Upwork for a long time and have long been striving for TorRate to improve my skills and reputation. Now I find it very difficult to find a job. Help me figure out what happened, why I was deprived of TopRate, maybe this is just a misunderstanding? Thank.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kyrylo B wrote:

Hello, I have a good account and good reviews. I have been TopRate for a very long time, but for some reason this status has been removed from me.

What does it say on your My Stats Page?

JSS must be over 90%

12-month earnings must be over $ 1000

Recent account holds must be 0

Top Rated eligible weeks must be 13 or more out of the last 16 weeks

Profile Completeness must be 100%

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
petra_r
Community Member

Kyrylo B wrote:

Hello, I have a good account and good reviews. I have been TopRate for a very long time, but for some reason this status has been removed from me.

What does it say on your My Stats Page?

JSS must be over 90%

12-month earnings must be over $ 1000

Recent account holds must be 0

Top Rated eligible weeks must be 13 or more out of the last 16 weeks

Profile Completeness must be 100%

bolbas
Community Member

now jss 89. But he dropped for no reason. Before that there were 100.

petra_r
Community Member

Kyrylo B wrote:

now jss 89. But he dropped for no reason. Before that there were 100.

Right, well, that is why you are no longer top rated. You can't be top rated with a JSS below 89%

Your profile is private sowe can't take a look.

How many contracts have you completed altogether?

Is there a contract which either ended without anything ever having been paid,  has been open for 2+ months without anything ever having been paid, or has been fully refunded?

If not, you had poor feedback (public or private) in one of the contracts that ended during the 2 week period between the two updates (when your JSS was still 100% and the Sunday when it dropped to 89%.

bolbas
Community Member

There was a project that we discussed with the client at a fixed price. I was hired as a word press developer. We discussed my skills with a client and what I would do. But after the opening of the contract, he said that I should deal not with the code but with the design. Although this was not discussed. I told him that I was not a designer and I could not do the job properly. After that, the project was closed without payment. My whole communication history is saved.

bolbas
Community Member

if you look at the history of my projects and my reviews ... I think I should not have lost TopRate.
I also think to lose TopRate only because the client first says one thing, and after opening the contract, he says something else ... at least not fair.

petra_r
Community Member

Kyrylo B wrote:

if you look at the history of my projects and my reviews ... I think I should not have lost TopRate.
I also think to lose TopRate only because the client first says one thing, and after opening the contract, he says something else ... at least not fair.

When did you lose your top rated status? If it was in the last 2 weeks, you can have the impact of that contract eliminaed from your JSS calculation: Read here how that works.

If it has been more than two weeks, it is too late.

bolbas
Community Member

It took more than two weeks, I did not know where to handle this problem and is it worth it? I was advised to write here. It took more than two weeks. But all the same, the status of TopRate was removed most likely by mistake. I hope I get it back.

petra_r
Community Member

Kyrylo B wrote:

It took more than two weeks, I did not know where to handle this problem and is it worth it? I was advised to write here. It took more than two weeks. But all the same, the status of TopRate was removed most likely by mistake. I hope I get it back.

It was not removed by mistake. It was removed because the cancelled contract created a "nothing paid" contract which counts as unsuccessful.  This led to yourJSS dropping below 90% and  the loss of your top rated status.

You can get it back by finishing contracts successfully so your JSS rises above 90% again, and then waiting until you have 13 out of 16 eligible weeks.

Had you used your perk within 2 weeks of losing top rated status, you would have had the badge back at the next update.

bolbas
Community Member

And what should I do if before the opening of the project one task was discussed, and after the opening of the project the Task became completely different? This does not mean that I have bad skills, but nevertheless I lost jss.

It turns out that any dishonest customer can lower my reputation?

petra_r
Community Member

Kyrylo B wrote:

And what should I do if before the opening of the project one task was discussed, and after the opening of the project the Task became completely different? This does not mean that I have bad skills, but nevertheless I lost jss.

It turns out that any dishonest customer can lower my reputation?

You would have had the perk to protect you from just such contracts. That is what it is there for.

There is no point raging about it. Vet your clients super carefully before you accept a contract! Now you know about the perk, if it happens again, you have a tool to deal with it.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kyrylo,

I`ve just updated your visibility back to public so that our team members can view your profile and advise you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths