🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Problem with Upwork message system. Is an...
Page options
samanthawriter7
Community Member

Problem with Upwork message system. Is anyone else experiencing this?

When I type into Upwork messenger, there is a definite (and rather frustrating) delay with characters appearing on the screen! I know it's a problem with the messenger interface and not my computer, as I don't have this issue anywhere else. Is anyone else having this problem???? 

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samantha,

I tried to replicate the issue you're reporting but wasn't able to. Could you please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if that fixes the lag? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

It's not when I'm using the desktop app but rather when I'm in the messenges section of the site. Or is that considered the same thing?    

Hi Samantha,

Is this happening whenever you use Upwork messaging (via desktop or mobile)? Could you please try a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If it still doesn't work, please let us know so we can investigate further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have already cleared my cache/cookies and I use Google Chrome. I can't imagine trying to use another browser, as that is the best one out there.                

Hi Samantha,

I tried but was unable to replicate the issue that you described. You mentioned that the problem only happens on the website and not while using the Upwork Desktop App. That could mean that the problem is connected with the browser or its settings/extensions. Please try to change your browser and see if that helps. If not, could you please try to record a video of the issue itself and send me a private message so that I can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I cannot change the browser. It's Google Chrome. And I'm not having any problems as I type this here in the Community section. It's only in the Messenges part of the site.  

Google Chrome is the standard, so the type of browser I'm using couldn't be the problem. I tried getting rid of extensions and it didn't help, or didn't seem to. I cannot send you a screenshot or video. It's a very simple problem that you should be able to understand. There is simply a dely between hitting the key and seeing the character appear on screen.    

Thanks for the follow up, Samantha. Let me escalate your concern further for the team to replicate and investigate. You'll receive an email about a support ticket being created for this issue shortly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Sometimes that happens when I am logged into the mobile website using Safari. There's a HUGE lag time between keystroke and characters appearing on the screen. I've never had it happen on the desktop.

Yes, it's very frustrating but the platform is riddled with glitches. Different browsers have different glitches.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members