cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with accepting an offer

theshrooponodon
Craig M Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
1 of 10

I'm trying to accept a job offer on Upwork, and when I press the "accept" button, I keep getting an error message that says "You have reached the limit of 300 for active colleagues. Please use a different team and hire or invite again." I'm new to Upwork, as a company I've been freelancing for for several months just moved its business here, and I need to know what this error means, and what I can do about it.

Thanks!

0shao0
Scarlett H Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
2 of 10

I had this problem too. I don't know if you already sent a help request and got a response from Upwork, but I thought I'd post the answer here for others who run into the problem in the future.

It's an issue with the hiring side. They can only hire up to 300 people per "team," although I am unsure how many "teams" a company can have. When a team reaches 300 "colleagues," they can no longer hire new people for the same team. They have to create a new team, and then send NEW counter-offers to the people they want to hire. From the support person, it sounds like making a new team is not a problem, just that the company needs to be aware of the fact that they reached 300. When I sent a help request to Upwork support, they replied to me with this info and also said they let the hiring company know about it to send me a new counter-offer. For others who encounter this problem, I am not sure if they should directly contact the hiring representative or go through Upwork's help center.

kellie-stewart
Kellie S Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
3 of 10

Crowdsurf, right? I'm having the exact same issue. I sent a message to them a couple days ago, but haven't heard back.

theshrooponodon
Craig M Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
4 of 10

Yep, CrowdSurf. I received a message back from Upwork support saying they had already contacted the folks over there about it- hoping it gets fixed quickly...

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
5 of 10
Could a @moderator please pass on to the team that when a contractor encounters this limit, s/he is faced with a cryptic message that is obviously intended for the client? A contractor-facing message is needed.

Thanks and best,
MIchael
katelynphelps
Katelyn P Member Since: Aug 12, 2015
6 of 10

Hi, 

I am trying to accept a counter offer but when I submit it, I get a message saying, "You have reached the limit of 300 for active colleagues. Please use a different team and hire or invite again."

Any ideas what this even means or suggestions so that I can accept this offer before it expires?

Thanks!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 10

Hi All,

By design clients can hire a limited amount of freelancers for one team. Therefore, if you receive the notification, your client needs to make you an offer through a different team or cancel some of their active offers/contracts.

That being said, we have forwarded your feedback about freelancers receiving the notification to the team. Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
dasugovinda
Gobi D Member Since: Sep 16, 2016
8 of 10

How does a client create a new team when he gets the notice that team size is approaching 300 ?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 10

Hi Gobi,

If your client needs help with something he/she can reach out to us here or contact our customer support, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
jenntuten
Jennifer T Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
10 of 10

Did you ever hear back, Craig? I tried reaching out to them but didn't get a response, and apparently the offer has expired. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS