🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Problem with buying connects and getting ...
Page options
crisafulliemil93
Community Member

Problem with buying connects and getting refunds

HI everyone!

I'm a newly registered freelancer and I have problems in paying for getting new connects. I use my prepaid card as payment method, but everytime I try to buy the message "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." appears. Could it be something wrong with the payment method?

Furthermore, among the proposals I submitted, a couple of them got rejected because the job got closed, but I didn't get back any of the connects I had spent for them. Why does this occur?

A big thank you to whomever will help me and have a great day!

Emiliano

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emiliano,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Please note that Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Additionally, there is a new test in which Connects are returned on contracts that don't hire anyone and have gone dormant. You can check the official announcement in this Community thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emiliano,

You need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Please note that Connects are refunded when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service. Additionally, there is a new test in which Connects are returned on contracts that don't hire anyone and have gone dormant. You can check the official announcement in this Community thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much Aleksandar, I called my bank and solved the problem.

Also I misunderstood the rules about connects refunding.

Have a great day!

Emiliano

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths